What is a Standing Purchase Order?
A Standing Purchase Order is the method for placing reoccurring orders which will require multiple payments over a period of time. Some examples are: maintenance/service contracts, auto parts for transportation department from a specific vendor.
When to use:
- The goods or services are reoccurring purchases.
- The order involves variable dollar amounts and/or quantities.
- The goods or services on an order may change over time.
- The maximum order amount may need to be adjusted over time.
- The order has specific contract start and end dates.
With a few minor exceptions, Standing Orders are entered into Banner just like any other Requisition.
Idaho State University
921 S. 8th Ave., Stop 8110 Pocatello, ID 83209
Administration Building, Room 114
Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. MT