Delivery of requested products or services marks a transition from a Purchasing activity to an Accounts Payable activity. For this transition to be successful, evidence of receipt has to be documented. For items shipped to Central Receiving, a Central Receiving Report will be created in Banner and delivered to the department. For items shipped to the department, a Departmental Receiving Report must be created.
Your Responsibility for Receipt of Goods
Each department has the responsibility to inspect, verify, and sign for satisfactory delivery of goods or services. In the case of unsatisfactory delivery, performance or other order discrepancies, they should contact the Purchasing Buyer listed on the PO for assistance.
When the supplier delivers the products or services specified, it is the department's responsibility to match the items received to the packing slip, and the Purchase Order. It is the ReqMaster's responsibility to insure the following steps are taken:
Immediately Upon Delivery
- Inspect the delivery for damage.
- Check the products against the packing slip to confirm items and quantity are correct.
- If damages are apparent, make a detailed description of any problems on all the freight paperwork.
- If there are discrepancies or damages, contact the purchasing agent listed on a purchase order.
After The Invoice Has Been Entered For Payment
- Compare invoice report to the packing slip and the purchase order. In a case of any discrepancies, contact Accounts Payable Services to have a "hold" placed on the invoice.
- If you need assistance in resolving the invoice discrepancy, contact the purchasing agent listed on the purchase order.
Shipments to Central Receiving Dock
Depending on the purchase, items ordered on a purchase order or using an ISU PCARD may be received at the Central Receiving dock or directly to the department. The following items may not be shipped to the Central Receiving dock as they do not have the equipment to store and/or deliver the items to the departments or services that are being procured:
- Repair services or maintenance
- Any equipment that requires installation and/or set up by the vendor
- Food for human consumption
- Live plants or animals
- Wet or dry ice
- Bottled gases
- Items that are very fragile and should be handled as little as possible, such as plate glass, sheet rock, or very delicate scientific equipment
- Unusually large or heavy items such as steel beams or large concrete samples
- Bulk petroleum products delivered in 55-gallon drums
Departments may want to consider shipping the following items directly to their locations to expedite receipt:
- Parts required for an urgent repair
- Any type of publication
- Items required to address an emergency
Idaho State University
921 S. 8th Ave., Stop 8110 Pocatello, ID 83209
Administration Building, Room 114
Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. MT
Requisitions to encumber FY 2019 funds are to be received by Purchasing Services:
- No later than March 15 if value of the purchase is $250,000 or greater,
- No later than May 3 if the value of the purchase is less than $250,000.
- Grant funded requisitions requiring delivery of goods by the end of June must be received by Purchasing Services no later than March 15.
The last day to create Purchase Orders for FY2019 is June 14. Items ordered for FY 2019 must be received by Jun 28, 2019.