Doing Business With ISU...
An approved Purchase Order or Idaho State University Procurement Card is required to be in place before individuals can make purchases on behalf of the University. A vendor needs to possess an authorized Purchase Order number or Procurement Card number before providing goods or services for the University. A verbal commitment by a University employee is not authorization for purchases.
- When requested by the Purchasing Department or University Department, a W9 and a Vendor Registration Form must be completed and on file with the University before a purchase order is created. Every 4 years this information requires updating.
- As a reminder, no vendor shall provide goods or services to any University Department without a purchase order number, or PCard number. If a purchase order number is not obtained prior to shipping goods or services, we may not be able to pay invoices that follow.
- Unless otherwise instructed by the Purchasing Department, deliveries are to be FOB Destination to:
Idaho State University Central Receiving
638 East Dunn Street
Pocatello, ID 83209
Due to delivery location access restrictions and equipment handling limitations, vendors are requested to contact the Purchasing Department (208) 282-3111, or Central Receiving (208) 282-4047 to arrange delivery of shipments of extraordinary size or weight.
Always reference the purchase order or the PCard holder's name on the shipping label located on the box/container. Failure to include this information will delay delivery to the department and in turn delay payment to the vendor.
Packing slips are required on all shipments.
Payment to Vendor
Regular vendor invoices are paid on a Net 30 basis. To ensure timely payment, invoices must be submitted according to the following instructions:
- All invoices must reference the purchase order number found on the top right corner of the purchase order document.
- All invoices must show the item part number, quantity, unit of measure, unit cost, description of service (if applicable) and discount percentage as it appears on the purchase order. If partial shipments are made, separate invoices must be sent for each shipment.
- Multiple purchase orders may not be combined on a single invoice.
- Invoices must be sent to ISU Accounts Payable Department. If a Department requests an invoice, please send a copy to them as well. Invoices should not be submitted until goods/services are shipped/performed. As indicated on the purchase order, all invoices must be submitted via email, US mail or faxed to accounts payable.
Idaho State University
Accounts Payable Department
921 S 8th Ave Stop 8219
Pocatello, Idaho 83209-8219
Fax: (208) 282-4725
Idaho State University
921 S. 8th Ave., Stop 8110 Pocatello, ID 83209
Administration Building, Room 114
Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. MT
Requisitions to encumber FY 2019 funds are to be received by Purchasing Services:
- No later than March 15 if value of the purchase is $250,000 or greater,
- No later than May 3 if the value of the purchase is less than $250,000.
- Grant funded requisitions requiring delivery of goods by the end of June must be received by Purchasing Services no later than March 15.
The last day to create Purchase Orders for FY2019 is June 14. Items ordered for FY 2019 must be received by Jun 28, 2019.
P-Card purchases to encumber FY 2019 funds are to be completed by the following dates:
- To place order... no later than June 14
- Orders must be received... no later than June 25
- P-Card holder must reconcile... no later than June 25
- Final P-Card approval... no later than July 8