Independent Contractor Fee Payment Request
Independent Contractor Payment Request Form is not intended to be used in lieu of or as a substitute for payroll forms.
Independent Contractor Payment Request Form should be used for the following:
- Consulting fees payable to an individual or organization under an agreement to provide professional services.
- Independent services where individuals or organizations agree to provide services at a stated price or rate.
- Guest lecturers and performer fees.
- Honorary payments made on a special and non-routine basis to an individual that is not an employee of the University to
recognize outstanding achievement, or acknowledge gratuitous service to the University.
Required Documentation for US Residents
- Completed W9
- Formal signed contract from Legal on file within the Department.
- Payments $1000+ must have the formal signed contract or engagement letter attached to the Independent Contractor Payment Request Form.
Required Documentation for Non-Resident Aliens
- If the payment is exempted by a tax treaty, the non-resident alien must provide the University with a
completed and signed IRS Form 8233, Instructions for Form 8233.