Exemptions from Solicitation
There are some exceptions to the purchasing process for goods and services that may be unique or do not lend themselves to acquisition by solicitation. Contact the Buyer for the commodity you need for specific instructions. Examples of exceptions:
- Advertisements directly with media sources
- Copyrighted materials available primarily from the publisher
- Educational discounts for property that is for the express purpose of educating students
- Employee education/training
- Legal services
- Medical services
- Professional/Consulting/IT services
- Scientific equipment for research
Administration Building, Room 114
Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. MT
Purchasing Deadlines Announcement - FY 18 Funds
Requisitions to encumber FY 2018 funds are to be received by Purchasing Services no later than March 16 if the value of the purchase is $100,000 or greater; by May 4 if the value of the purchase is between $10,000 and $100,000.
Grant funded requisitions requiring delivery of goods by the end of June must be received by Purchasing Services no later than March 16.
The last day to create Purchase Orders under $10,000 for FY2018 will be Jun 20. Items ordered for FY 2018 must be received by Jun 29, 2018.