Department of Mathematics & Statistics
The Department of Mathematics & Statistics offers an Associate's, Bachelor's, Master's and Doctoral degree in mathematics, as well as a Bachelor's degree in statistics.
- provides courses in mathematics and statistics that serve students in many fields, including engineering, education, health professions, business and the sciences.
- contributes to general education objectives.
- provides training in developmental mathematics for under-prepared students.
- conducts pure and applied research in mathematics and statistics.
- supports the university, the community and the profession through a variety of service roles.
As well, the Department maintains a highly trained and research-active faculty with a balanced commitment to teaching, research and service.
The Second Idaho-Utah Geometry Rendezvous will be held at Idaho State University on
October 27 and 28, 2017. Contact Dr. Tracy Payne for more information. View our registration page here.
We have a new facebook page! Like us on Facebook to get department updates!
Effective Fall 2017:
- The 'Advanced Mathematics Placement' course, formerly numbered 'MATH 1199AMP' will be numbered as 'MATH 0090'. For more about this course, click on the 'Course Information' link in the side-bar menu.
- Interested in a challenge? If you would like to see how you can possibly take either Math 1123 (Math in Modern Society) or Math 1153 (Introduction to Statistics) without taking the prerequisite course(s), check out the:
The Intermountain Mathematics Competition is coming up and will be held in November. This is a great opportunity to practice your problem-solving skills and maybe win some cash and prizes! (also looks good on your resume) Click on title link above or visit our 'Clubs & Competitions' link in the side menu for more information.