Master of Science in Geology with Environmental Emphasis
Lost River Field Station near Mackay, Idaho
Students who wish their master's degree to contain the added designation "With Emphasis in Environmental Geoscience", need to take an addition 9 credits in approved environmental graduate-level classes. Courses in related sciences and engineering disciplines may be included. Also, an amended "program of study" needs to be filed with the Graduate School.
The "program of study" must be approved by your graduate committee.
For more information regarding this program please contact David Pearson.
The program may include but is not limited to the following areas:
- surface and ground-water hydrology
- environmental geochemistry
- surficial geological processes
- volcanic, earthquake and other geologic hazards
- environmental geophysics
- assessment and remediation of hazardous waste sites
- Neogene and Quaternary geology.
Graduate Program Inquiry
If you are interested and would like more information about the program please fill out this form.
Please contact for more information