Pocatello Family Dentistry
465 Memorial Drive
Pocatello, ID 83209
Bldg. 83, Family Medicine
Tuesday through Friday
8:30 AM - 12:30 PM
2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Phone: (208) 282-6000
Fax: (208) 282-4950
Patient parking is located next to the building.
Pocatello Family Dentistry Clinic is sponsored by the Idaho Advanced General Dentistry Program, an Advanced Education in General Dentistry Residency. Residents provide comprehensive general dentistry including: oral surgery, implants, endodontics (root canals), prosthodontics (crowns, bridges and dentures), hospital dentistry, pediatric dentistry and preventive care.
Comprehensive Dental Care
Comprehensive dental services provided for adults and children include:
- Comprehensive Exam: Your first visit includes a comprehensive oral examination which includes: a review of medical and dental histories, oral cancer examination, periodontal evaluation, full series of digital x-rays inclusive of bitewings, periapicals, and panographic imaging, and a comprehensive evaluation of the dentition.
Preventative dental services provided for adults and children include:
- Professional Cleaning: You will receive a thorough cleaning to remove calculus, plaque, and common stains from your teeth followed by flossing and polishing.
- Deep Cleaning: Deep cleanings are used to treat periodontal disease. Periodontal disease is an infection that affects the gum tissues and bone that support the teeth. Untreated, periodontal disease can lead to tooth loss. Plaque and tarter deposits are removed through the use of an ultrasonic cleaner.
- Sealants: A sealant is a material applied to the chewing surfaces of the back teeth where decay occurs most often. Sealants form a barrier that keeps out plaque and food and helps to reduce the risk of tooth decay.
- Fluoride: Fluoride is recommended for patients of all ages and helps strengthen teeth and prevents tooth decay.
- Patient Education: Individualized plan for optimal oral health.
On-site periodontal surgeries provided for adults and children include:
- Root Canals
- IV Conscious Sedation
- Dental Gas
- Other Surgical Procedures
Hospital based surgery is also available for children and disabled patients.
On-site cosmetic dentistry procedures provided for adults and children include:
- Fillings: Restorative white and amalgam fillings.
- Veneers: A veneer is a custom made shell that covers the front side of the tooth. Veneers are used to treat spaces between teeth and teeth that are permanently stained, crooked, chipped or worn.
- Dental Implants: An artificial tooth that is surgically placed to replace lost teeth or provide support for dentures.
- Crowns: Dental crowns cover the natural crown of a tooth or is used to support a dental bridge.
- Bridges: Dental bridges are fixed or removable teeth used to replace missing teeth.
- Dentures: Full dentures are used to replace the entire set of teeth, top and bottom and partial dentures are used to replace a few teeth. Partial dentures can be attached to natural teeth or crowns.
- Tooth Whitening: Tooth whitening is sometimes referred to as “bleaching” and is a procedure used to whiten or brighten discolored or stained teeth.
Our state-of-the-art facility allows us to use the newest technology available to ensure that you receive the best quality care.
- Digital Office (paperless office)
- Digital X-Rays
- Panoramic imaging
- On-site CAD/CAM unit used to create dental prostheses including: crowns, crown lays, veneers, inlays and onlays, bridges, dental implants, and dentures.
- CBCT 3D imaging creates a 3D image of your teeth, soft tissues, nerve pathways, and bone in a single scan.
- Insurance: The clinic accepts and bills most dental insurance plans. At the present time, we do not accept Medicaid.
- Non-Covered Services: Services that are non-covered may be discounted using a sliding fee schedule based upon family size and income.
- Payment is expected at the time of service. We accept cash, check, and/or credit/debit cards.
Online Payment (Coming Soon)
- Brian Crawford, DDS
- Rodney Elmore, DDS
- Benjamin Kellum, DDS
- Tyson Peterson, DDS
- Maria Yeash, DDS
- Jeri Larsen-Simpson, Administrative Coordinator
- Susan Lippert, Reception Coordinator
- Nikelle Morrison, Dental Assistant
- Josie Grischkowsky, Dental Assistant
- Emily Povey-Stark, Dental Assistant
- Myra Smith, Dental Assistant
- Christine Thompson, Dental Assistant
Idaho Advanced General Dentistry
Idaho State University sponsors the Idaho Advanced General Dentistry Program, an Advanced Education in General Dentistry Residency. The goal of the program includes increasing the knowledge and clinical skills of the general dentist beyond that achieved in the pre-doctoral education. Through an integrated multidisciplinary learning environment, residents are able to increase their competence in the application of modern standards of care and practice management.
This one-year residency focuses on providing comprehensive care in a variety of clinical settings, emphasizing rural, underserved, and at risk populations. Residents also receive training with patients who have emergency or episodic needs. A certificate is awarded upon the successful completion of the program.
The Pocatello site includes:
- State-of-the-art facility that opened in 2000
- 5 clinical treatment rooms, including 1 surgical suite
- Digital radiographs
- CAD/CAM unit
- CBCT 3D imaging