What is eISU?
eISU provides students with courses taught online using various educational technologies. A wide array of courses are offered each semester allowing students greater flexibility in completing coursework while better managing the competing demands on their time.
eISU is supported by a $35 per credit hour fee for online courses. This is in addition to other course fees that may be required, such as professional program fees.
- Online Proctoring
- Captioning - Accessibility Checks for all online courses
- Digital course materials and software specifically for online courses
- Online Student Support
- Web Conferencing (Zoom) (Partial)
- Moodle (Partial)
- Bandwidth (Partial)
- Online Teacher Development for faculty teaching online courses
- Instructional Design help for faculty teaching online courses
- NC-SARA - state and federal compliance costs
eISU Course Delivery
eISU courses are delivered as synchronous, asynchronous, or web conference.
Synchronous courses are offered during the scheduled time to allow real-time access to the course materials, instructor, and other students.
Asynchronous courses offer anytime access to the course materials, instructor and other students with fewer time restrictions allowing flexibility in student’s schedule.
All courses at ISU have a Moodle component.
eISU Course Types