A faculty liaison is a faculty member at Idaho State university who is selected by his/her academic department to monitor the quality, consistency, and curricular alignment of dual credit courses. The Faculty Liaison role is to support approved dual credit instructors by assisting with course materials, providing guidance regarding curricular alignment with the course taught on the college campus, conducting site visits, and assisting with professional development opportunities.
Faculty Liaison Responsibilities
- Communicate department information each semester/trimester to high school teachers. Include high school teachers in department correspondence, listserv, academic notices, and general information.
- Visit high school teachers on-site the first year of approval and at least every two-years following the initial visit or work with teachers in on-campus department meetings.
- Communicate at least once per month via email or phone.
- Be available to give presentations of discipline-specific lectures to Early College Program students.
- Provide guidance concerning grading policies of the department.
- Discuss the college experience with high school students. This may be done when faculty visit the high schools or when high school students visit the college campus.
- Supply high school teachers with current sample syllabi, sample exams and other course materials.
- Supply high school teachers with desk copies of current textbooks.
- Assist high school teachers/school districts in selecting department approved textbooks.
- Request and review course syllabi annually.
- Plan and assist with annual Early College Program teacher training for is-service workshops on course integrity, grading standards, and other appropriate topics.
- Assist Early College staff with department tours when teachers/students visit campus.
- Submit liaison report forms on each of your assigned teachers to both the Early College Program and your immediate supervisor.
Idaho State University academic department faculty liaisons will receive compensation for providing curriculum oversight and support to their assigned high school instructors. Please refer to faculty Liaison Handbook for additional information on compensation.