There is nothing more important to us at Benny's Pantry than the safety and well-being of our ISU students. During the stay-at-home order from the Governor, students can access the pantry by appointment only. This will ensure a safe environment while providing nutritious food to faculty, staff and students.
Please call (208) 282-2315 to schedule an appointment to shop or donate to the pantry.
2020 High-Demand Items:
We recognize that poverty is often a barrier for students who are striving to obtain a certification or degree in higher education.
One of the many hardships associated with poverty is food insecurity – the lack of access to enough safe and nutritious food.
We believe that by alleviating food insecurity where it may exist, we empower our student community to focus on learning and discovery, thereby removing a significant barrier to persistence.
- 1 in 6 Idahoans are food insecure
- 1 in 4 children in Idaho are food insecure
At Idaho State University:
- 50% of children enrolled at the campus Early Learning Center qualify for need-based USDA food assistance
- Over 60% of Idaho State undergraduate students qualify for the need-based Pell Grant
- Over 70% of Idaho State students receive some type of financial aid
- 1% access emergency food assistance at Benny’s Pantry (and we accept this number to increase)