Equipment for laptop checkout
You will receive:
- (1) Laptop computer with a charged battery valued at $500
- (1) Laptop power cable valued at $80.00
- (1) Laptop carry bag valued at $30.00
Total value of items being checked out: $610.00
The rules for the laptop checkout program are as follows:
- Laptop must be checked out in person.
- A laptop must be returned by the person who checked it out.
- Students should save their data to an external data source (such as a USB Drive) so it is accessible after laptop check-in.
- Laptops should not be left unattended. The person who checked out the laptop is responsible for it and its peripherals the entire time it is in his/her possession.
- Laptops may only be checked out to currently enrolled ISU students who have an official ISU Bengal card with picture. No other form of ID will be accepted. Only one laptop will be checked out per student at any one time.
- All damage or laptop malfunctions should be reported to Lethaniel Loley in the NASS Center.
- Do not download any new software, such as browsers, messengers, etc.
- Do not remove software or hardware components from the laptop
- Do not reconfigure the laptop settings
- Please allow enough time to complete the check-out and check-in process.
Check-in and Check-Out Policies
The Check-out policy is as follows:
- Student will present his or her ISU Bengal Card with picture to NASS staff in Rendezvous room 320.
- Student will sign the Laptop check-out Rules and Procedures document. This document will remain in effect for the current semester only.
The Check-in policy is as follows:
- Laptop will be powered on and checked when it is return to the NASS center. The student must remain with the laptop until the check-in process is complete.
- NASS staff will check the laptop and ensure it is in operating condition and that all parts are returned.
- The NASS staff member will complete the checkout form for the laptop, noting the following: date and time signed in, whether or not all equipment was returned, and list of any damage. The NASS staff member will sign in the laptop after the process is complete.
- If the laptop or equipment is returned damaged or not in working condition, the NASS staff member must fill out the Laptop Incident Report sheet. The user will meet and discuss the situation with the NASS Coordinator in a timely matter.
You must review and fill out the Borrower's Agreement prior to being issued a laptop.
Native American Student Service Center
Rendezvous Building 38
3rd floor, Room 320
Spacious area with study tables and comfortable lounge chairs.
Come study or relax between classes.