The Health Care Administration Program (HCAP) provides quality education and lifelong learning opportunities to future and current healthcare leaders. HCAP supports Idaho State University's mission as the center for education of health professionals in the State of Idaho, and the Kasiska School of Health Profession's mission of enhancing the quality of life of the residents of Idaho. The HCAP serves to advance the knowledge and the ability of healthcare professionals to lead their organizations, to serve their communities and to improve the health status of their communities.
The Health Care Administration Program will be the premier state-of-the-art education opportunity for the State of Idaho in preparing students for graduate level education and entry or mid-level management positions in ambulatory, acute, long-term care, managed care, group practice, insurance companies and other health-related organizations. The Health Care Administration Program will use innovative instructional methods to deliver high quality and consistent educational outcome reflective of the industry's and constituencies' needs.
- Promoting professional ethical standards and respecting the roles and dignity of the health professionals we work with.
- Recognizing the value of, and understanding our responsibility to nurture internal and external partnerships.
Discovery and innovation
- Seeking new evidence to improve our ability to manage health care organizations.
- Participating in and supporting the profession through networking and professional development.
- Striving to improve all aspects of academic performance in order to develop superior leaders for health care organizations.