About The Program
As a result of the rapid changes in firefighting and the administrative duties currently being experienced in the field, academic degrees are being sought by those who have chosen firefighting as a career. Idaho State University's Associate of Science/Bachelor of Science Degree's in Fire Service Administration (FSA) both strives to enhance and expand a student's knowledge base as well as to prepare them for organizational leadership positions.
At A Glance
- General education courses do not have to be completed prior to enrollment in Fire Services Administration courses.
- All Fire Services Administration core and non-core courses are taught online.
- Courses will be taught online using Collaborate and Moodle.
- Students must complete 37 credits of general education courses in order to satisfy the degree requirements.
- Students will need a computer that has 20 MB of free disk space, a soundcard with speakers, a microphone or headset, and at least a 28.8 kbps internet connection.
A $35 per credit eISU fee is assessed for any class using Collaborate.
Idaho State University cost of attendance information.
Paying for College
You may apply for financial aid, scholarships, grants, and loans to help finance your college education. When you pay registration fees, you are a student of Idaho State University with the privileges and responsibilities of a college student.
Calendar of Upcoming Courses
Associate of Science (2 credits each)
- FSA 1103 Fire Prevention
- FSA 1106 Principles of Emergency Services
- FSA 2201 Fire Administration I
- FSA 2202 Legal Aspects of the Fire Service
- FSA 1101 Building Construction and Fire Protection
- FSA 1102 Fire Behavior and Combustion
- FSA 1105 Fire Protection Systems
- FSA 1107 Principles Fire Emer Safety and Survival
Bachelor of Science (3 credits each)
Fall 2018, 2020, 2022, 2024
- FSA 3325 Personnel Management for the Fire Service
- FSA 3327 Fire-Related Human Behavior (e) 2018, 2022
- FSA 3331 Community Risk Reduction for Fire and Emer Svcs
- FSA 3332 Fire Investigation and Analysis (e) 2020, 2024
Spring 2019, 2021, 2023, 2025
- FSA 3324 Analytic Approaches to Public Fire Protection (e) 2019, 2023
- FSA 3333 Applications of Fire Research
- FSA 3329 Political and Legal Foundations of Fire Protection
- FSA 3336 Managerial Issues of Hazardous Materials (e) 2021, 2025
Fall 2019, 2021, 2023, 2025
- FSA 3326 Fire Prevention Organization and Management
- FSA 3328 Disaster Planning and Control (e) 2021, 2025
- FSA 3334 Fire Dynamics (e) 2019, 2023
Spring 2020, 2022, 2024, 2026
- FSA 3323 Fire and Emergency Services Administration
- FSA 3330 Fire Protection Structure and Systems (e) 2022, 2026
- FSA 3335 Emergency Medical Services Administration (e) 2020, 2024
(e) electives are offered one per semester and will alternate