We Care About Children
The Early Learning Center (ELC) seeks to support students in their pursuit of higher education at ISU by providing quality child care for their children as well as for those of faculty, staff, and community members. We offer a child-centered program that promotes the well being of children between the ages of six weeks and eleven years (5th grade) by setting and maintaining high standards for employees and for environments that promote the social, emotional, cognitive and physical development of children.
The programs and policies of the ELC have been designed to accomplish the following objectives:
- To provide a safe and nurturing environment for all children in our care
- To create a stimulating learning atmosphere with activities that enhance each child’s development
- To provide multi-cultural learning environments which reflect a respect for individual differences
- To create a positive and mutually supportive working relationship with the families of the children
- To encourage and promote a self-directed, cohesive staff who work well together and continually develop their skills and knowledge
Lead Providers and Co-Providers have backgrounds/training in early childhood and are enrolled in the IdahoSTARS Professional Development System. ELC employees are licensed by the City of Pocatello, which requires that they have a criminal background check, be currently certified in First Aid/CPR and receive additional annual training.
The ELC is privileged to be a training site for ISU students enrolled in the College of Technology’s Early Childhood Care and Education Program.
As an extension of our family, we believe it is a privilege to share a part of your child’s life. We invite you to participate in the program at all levels. Parents are always a welcome addition in the classroom, on the playground and during field trips.
790 E. Humbolt St., Bldg. #6
Pocatello, ID 83209
Idaho Falls Location:
1784 Science Center Drive
Campus Box 8150, Idaho Falls, ID 83402.