Handshake for Employers
The ISU Career Center utilizes Handshake to post jobs, register for career fairs, and coordinate interview schedules. You must have a Handshake account and connect with ISU to do any of the above activities.
How to get a Handshake account:
- You must register with Handshake
- Click on “Sign up for an Account” on the left-hand side
- Click the "Employer" button to create a new account
- Follow the instructions
For clearer identification and security purposes, the email domain should match your official organization.
Connecting with ISU
- Go to “Schools” in the navigation bar on the left
- Choose the “ + Add More Schools” button above your list of schools
- Search "Idaho State University"
- Once you locate our university, click " + " to request approval
Requests will be in a pending status until the Career Center approves information. Employers are notified of approval via email, and are then able to post jobs and register for career fairs.
Post a job:
- Log in to Handshake
- Click "Job" in the left-hand navigation bar
- Click "Create Job" in the upper-right-hand corner
- Complete the process through Basics, Details, Description, Schools and Requirements.
- Click "Create" to submit.
Submitted jobs are in a pending status until the Career Center reviews information. Employers will be notified of approval status. If denied, please review the ISU Career Center Recruitment Guidelines.
Job Listings Disclaimer
ISU Career Center will no longer post domestic employment positions (e.g. nannies/babysitters, care givers, private tutors, housekeepers, drivers, gardeners, etc.). To staff domestic positions, please refer to services such as Care.com or Craigslist. (Please note that, as a matter of course, we refer ISU students who are interested in domestic employment positions to the websites noted above.)
Idaho State University employment resources are provided free of charge to employers and to student job seekers. All hiring and compensation for work performed by student employees is handled directly between the student and the employer. Background checks on students applying for jobs may be required depending on the type of work a student is seeking. Employers and students are encouraged to request reference information from each other as needed to establish qualifications, credentials and the fit between the employer and the student applicant.
All job listings are posted at the discretion of Idaho State University.
Museum Building 12
4th Floor, Room 418
921 S 8th Ave, Stop 8108
Pocatello, ID 83209
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Monday - Friday
7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.