- Monday, September 30
- Spirit Log Hunt 8 - 9am, Involvement Center
- Dip Competition 6:30 - 7:30pm, Rendezvous Atrium
- Homecoming Bonfire 8 - 11pm, Holt Arena
- Tuesday, October 1
- Blazin' Challenge 4 - 9pm, Quad Hypostyle
- Wednesday, October 2
- Skittles Tasting Contest 12 - 1pm, Quad Hypostyle
- Royalty Pageant 7 - 9pm, SUB Ballroom
- Thursday, October 3
- Powder-Puff Football 2pm, Hutchison Quad
- Alumni Association Homecoming Kickoff Event 6-9 pm, Pinehurst Nursery
- Dance Competition 7 - 9pm, SUB Ballroom
- Friday, October 4
- Alumni Association President's Alumni Recognition Dinner 6pm
- A Rotterdam November (concert) 8pm, SUB Ballroom
- True Bengal 11:55pm, Red Hill
- Saturday, October 5
- Homecoming Parade 9:30 am, Center Street to the Holt Arena Parking Lot
- Homecoming Football Game 2:05 pm, Holt Arena
In 1949, Homecoming coincided with Freshman Initiation. The rules for Freshmen were:
- All freshmen will be required to send off the football team and to greet them on their return from all out-of-town games from now until Homecoming.
- A freshman beanie will be constructed between now and Homecoming and brought to the game to be burned.
- All beanies must be worn squared on the head at all times.
- During the initiation week, no freshman will be allowed to be seen in the vicinity of Graveley hall or any place on campus in the company of WOMEN. (Graveley Hall was a women's dormitory at the time.)
- During the initiation week, no freshman will be allowed to sit down in the Blue Room . . . except on the floor.
- All freshmen will sit in a segregated section at the Homecoming game.
A Bengal Tradition
ISU's first recorded Homecoming was in 1930. Since that time, Homecoming has evolved into a week of events and traditions.
Show your school spirit on facebook! Download a cover photo
Saturday, October 5, 2:05 pm, Holt Arena
This year the Bengals battle with the University of North Dakota. Tickets can be purchased online or by calling (208) 282-FANS.
Saturday, October 5, 9:30 am, Center Street to the Holt Arena Parking Lot
Each year many organizations from across campus and the community enter floats in the parade. The parade begins at the corner of Center and 1st Avenue and ends in the Holt Arena Parking Lot.
Wednesday, October 2, 7-9pm, Pond Student Union Ballroom
The Homecoming royalty pageant is an Idaho State University tradition that provides an opportunity for club members to compete for the titles, ISU Homecoming King, Queen, Prince, Princess, Duke, and Duchess. The competition is composed of talent, spirit, and interview portions. Competing students will be judged by ISU faculty and staff members on these three categories, and a portion of the scoring comes from students votes. The pageant is an entertaining and fun way for students to come support club members as they strut their stuff in hopes of becoming the next ISU Homecoming King and Queen. All royalty winners will ride in the Homecoming Parade.
To get an application for the Royalty Competition, go to the Student Involvement Center on the first floor of the Student Union.
Monday, September 30, 8-11pm, Holt Arena
The Homecoming bonfire is an awesome opportunity for students to come together and show their school spirit. Each year ISU Facility Services collects the wooden pallets for the fire. The night is filled with performances by the ISU cheerleaders, dance team, and a rally speech by the ISU football coach.
Tuesday, October 1
The annual door decorating competition is an opportunity for faculty and staff to get involved in the Homecoming festivities! Each department is allowed to enter in the competition. The doors will be decorated using the Homecoming theme. The doors will be judged according to presentation, creativity, theme, and Bengal pride. Three places will be awarded.
Entry forms will come to your office by campus mail. Forms must be completed and returned to the Involvement Center no later than 5pm on Friday September 27. Judging of doors will take plce on October 1.