Bannock County Veterans Services office
Melissa Hartman is the Bannock County Veterans Services officer located in the Veterans Student Services Center.
She serves all students at Idaho State University regardless of county, as well as all community veterans and their eligible dependents, who come into the Veteran Student Services Center for assistance to receive all possible benefits they are entitled to.
The Bannock County Veterans Services office is available to:
- assist veterans with obtaining VA and State of Idaho benefits
- assist in finding and obtaining forms, such as the DD-214
- help with enrollment and understanding of eBenefits
- advocate for veterans, as needed, to obtain the maximum benefits allowed by law
- help completing applications, obtaining information, and submitting supportive documents
- provide assistance with applications for healthcare benefits
- assist with completing other needed agency applications
- liaison between the community and local veteran service organizations within Bannock County
- provide outreach services, both urban and rural
- assist with finding education and training available to veterans and their dependents
Visit the Bannock County Veterans Services website for more information.
Melissa sits on advisory boards in the community to advocate for veterans and their rights and benefits. These boards include:
- Area V Agency on Aging Advisory Council
- Community Transportation Association of Idaho
- Community Services Council of Southeast Idaho
- Military Affairs Committee
- Housing and Homeless Coalition
- Veterans Court
In addition to helping those who come into her office, Melissa contributes in running several community events to advocate for veterans and their dependents.
These community events include:
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact:
Office: 921 South 8th Avenue, Stop 8095 Pond Student Union, 3rd floor Pocatello, Idaho 83201