- From working on helicopters to cutting-edge jet engines, you will be challenged with rewarding mechanical work every day.
- You love planes and anything that can fly. Be surrounded by planes and people who love them as much as you do for the rest of your life.
- The Aircraft Maintenance program is actually located at the airport in its own hangar. Everything is hands-on and real-life.
- Each day is fun when you’re restoring all types of vehicles to their former glory from a fender bender to a complete restoration.
- Repairing and painting damaged cars can be very challenging. Be prepared to use your technical knowledge and your hands to
repair almost any car or truck.
- The Automotive Collision students help host Chrome in the Dome, the region’s largest and longest-running car show and showcase the great body and paint work they have done in the program
- You love working on cars and are happiest when you’re under the hood. Welcome home.
- It’s impossible for a program to be more hands-on than Automotive Technology. Every day you’re in the shop for hours at a time working on customer cars side-by-side with your instructors.
- No two days will ever be the same in school and in your career as an ASE Certified Mechanic. You will work on all makes and models of vehicles to troubleshoot and repair almost every automotive problem in the world.
- From installing new industrial motors in a hydroelectric dam to adjusting the pumps and valves in a commercial plant, people who thrive in this program love working on machines.
- Every day is unique and the skills learned in Mechanical Engineering Technology will allow you to work on more projects than you can
- Your skills and work ethic will allow you to make a difference in the lives of other people. This is a career field that is fun and meaningful.
- From tractors and harvesters to trains and mining equipment the size of a building, the diesel program leads to a career that has great variety.
- You can even become a power generation technician for diesel generators. Working on so many kinds of machines takes problem solving skills as big as the wrenches used on mining equipment.
- Almost everything in our modern world is impacted by diesel equipment. You’ll play an essential role in some of the nation’s most important activities.
- All instructors are seasoned law enforcement officers. They bring decades of real experience into the classroom, and don’t sugarcoat your future responsibilities.
- No two days will bring the same adventures. You will be prepared to serve your community each time you are on duty.
- You will have the privilege to defend those who cannot defend themselves. Your career will uphold the laws and values of our great nation, and you will protect the American way of life.
- From the instructors and the equipment to the pipe welding and hard work, you will not find a better welding program anywhere.
- The welding program has earned the respect of some of the biggest welding organizations in the country. By completing the program you
are joining a group of the nation’s most respected welders.
- The best money to be made as a welder is in pipe welding. Graduates from the College of Technology are routinely offered some of the
highest paying pipe welding jobs in the United States.
- Precision and satisfaction in a job well done are characteristics of professional machinists across the world. You’re somebody who takes
pride in your work and won’t stop until you’re proud.
- Your job description as a machinist is to create new things that have never before existed.
- Machinists work with almost every industry from firearms and knives to agriculture and custom construction to medical machining where you help create new knees and implant screws for complex surgeries.
- A certificate or degree in Business Technology will set you on the path for more advanced education, advancement within your company, and the confidence you need to tackle even bigger challenges in your life.
- You can specialize your training in accounting, small business, education, or administrative management for a fast-paced certificate or degree.
- Learn how to be the best office assistant in your organization by doing hands-on projects every day in class.
- You will see your students’ confidence grow as you teach them about what makes them special and give them the ability to read, write, and to enjoy learning.
- Become an early childhood professional after completing the program, or go on to finish your bachelor’s degree in early childhood education to become a kindergarten through third grade teacher.
- You will learn from the very best instructors how to have fun in your classrooms and be an amazing teacher yourself.
- Life is busy, and a career as a health information specialist will give you the flexibility you need to be meet the demands of life and still
have a meaningful career. The program is fully online.
- Maintaining the accuracy of medical records is an important responsibility that takes good critical thinking skills.
- You will provide a meaningful service to patients without needing to be involved with injections, blood, and other traditional aspects of health care.
- Paralegals help people defend their rights by working with Attorneys to serve their clients. Your people skills can make a big difference in
any law office.
- Your work will be mentally challenging and rewarding.
- This is a perfect choice for people considering going on to law school. You can gain extensive legal experience to make you more competitive for law school. Your bachelor’s degree can even be in Paralegal Studies
- You’re going to make a difference in the lives of other people by helping them recognize how beautiful they really are. You will become an important part of their lives.
- One of your most valuable skills as a cosmetologist is your ability to develop relationships. Your clients will return to you again and again because you care.
- The Cosmetology program has prepared some of the best beauty experts in Idaho for over 80 years. This is an amazing program.
- The Respiratory Therapy program is fast-paced, challenging, and well worth your best efforts. The experienced instructors teach you everything you need to know to be the best therapist you can be for your patients.
- You will save lives. Your primary function as a respiratory therapist is to help people breathe even when their bodies sustain serious trauma.
- You will form lifelong friendships in the program and in your profession with other respiratory therapists. The respiratory therapy community is very close.
- People become medical assistants because they care deeply about helping others. You will help care for patients in medical clinics like a
nurse would, but you can also perform other office tasks, as well.
- The program is entirely hands-on from giving injections and taking vitals to medical coding and scheduling. Medical assistants are nationally certified to work anywhere in the country.
- The Medical Assisting instructors in this program are simply the best in the business. They know their stuff and they care about their students.
- This is the perfect stepping-stone on your way to becoming a pharmacist. As a Pharmacy Technology graduate you will earn extra points on your future ISU College of Pharmacy application.
- People become pharmacy technicians and pharmacists because they want to help others live better lives by working with the pharmacist to prepare and explain medications to patients.
- You will have the privilege and responsibility as a pharmacy technician to help the pharmacist protect your patients from medication Combinations that are not known to prescribing physicians.
- The Veteran to Nurse program awards you college credit for military medical experience so you can be a practicing nurse as quickly as possible.
- The comradery you felt in the military continues with your classmates who have all served in the Armed Forces like yourself.
- Finding your place in the civilian world after leaving the military can be hard. Being a nurse will give you a high quality of life and will let
you continue to make a difference in the lives of other people.
- Nurses improve the lives of their patients. They make a big difference, and so will you as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN).
- After becoming an LPN, you have the option to continue your education and join the Associate Degree Registered Nurse program.
- You will take nursing classes from the very first semester in school and will have more hands-on training during the two-year LPN program than in any other nursing program in the region.
- You know the value of being a nurse since you’re already an LPN. You’re looking for greater responsibility within the hospital and a greater ability to serve your patients and the doctors as a Registered Nurse (RN).
- The 11-month program is fast and furious, but it’s designed to be completed quickly to get you back to caring for your patients.
- After completing the ADRN program, you are in a perfect position to finish the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree.
- Massage therapists help people live more balanced lives in body, mind, and spirit by teaching them about how to properly care for
their physical, mental, and emotional well-being.
- Your skills will help your patients live with reduced pain, recover from serious injuries, and give them hope for a better future.
- The Massage Therapy program meets the national gold standard from the instructors and the facilities to your classmates and clients. It
is COMTA accredited and is recognized as achieving high quality.
- Your patients will look to you and your expertise for help to return from serious injury. You will have the privilege of seeing them progress and regain their lives.
- You will learn from the most dedicated instructors in this CAPTE accredited program. It’s a challenging program, but the instructors make
it fun every day.
- Sharing your love of activity and physical balance with your patients will give you a reason to look forward to going to work each day.
- Learn from experienced instructors how to help rehabilitate patients in life-like settings. This program meets the nation’s gold standard of
occupational therapy excellence – ACOTE accreditation.
- You will help people regain their independence after injury or illness and can be a hero in their lives.
- This is the only Occupational Therapy Assistant program in Idaho, and the State is in dire need of as many assistants as we can graduate.
- Drafting requires the use of both sides of the brain – one side for art and the other side for engineering. You will be able to flex your creative muscles and design some amazing things.
- Use advanced computer software to create 3D homes, office spaces, virtual reality, and items that have never before existed.
- Drafting is rewarding partly because it is so mentally stimulating. You will be a problem solver who doesn’t back down from a challenge.
- Live your life exploring the outdoors with new projects taking you to new destinations almost every day. Surveyors live a new adventure with each new project.
- You will regularly use GPS and drone technology to map the surface of the earth for property definition, design, and construction projects.
Your critical thinking skills will be used every day.
- Be prepared to use cutting-edge equipment to perform your day-to-day work and map the face of the earth. High technology will be your profession.
- Nuclear operators need critical thinking and practical analysis skills. You will operate nuclear reactors and ensure that each action taken
is according to procedure and that those procedures are correct.
- Nuclear operators work as a tight-knit team to run the reactor. Your opinion, ability to communicate with others, and willingness to make a contribution will help you be successful.
- Operating a reactor is challenging and fun. The reward comes from being able to see how one process impacts the whole system.
- The program instructors have extensive experience piloting and creating drones for U.S. military contractors. They know what you need to know, and are amazing instructors.
- Many of your responsibilities as a drone professional will be to protect and serve others. Drones are used in agricultural, search and rescue, law enforcement, military, and other settings.
- Let’s face it, flying drones, collecting data, and using that data to benefit the lives of others is fun. Life can really be this cool.
- One of your first assignments in the program is to dismantle and rebuild a computer. If you love computers, this program is for you.
- The IT and networking skills you will learn in the program will be used to help other people connect, communicate, and thrive in our technical world.
- Things rarely go according to plan when working with computers, and you’ll need to think on your feet to resolve unexpected problems.
- Complex automated systems are essential to the energy world and to industrial production companies, but who programs those systems and monitors their day-to-day operation? You do.
- There are so many types of instruments that can operate and monitor so many different processes that you will always have something new to learn and accomplish.
- The program is very hands-on and doesn’t require any previous experience. You will learn by building projects and troubleshooting systems like the ones you will encounter in industry.
- The instructors for the Cyber-Physical Security program are among the nation’s leading experts in cyber attack.
- By protecting and defending America’s critical power plants, organizations, and other facilities, your career is very important.
- Be on the forefront of technological advancement and learn to be several steps ahead of cyber terrorists.
- The entire robotics program is hands-on from radio frequency data transmission to circuit board creation to laser optics.
- From the fun atmosphere to the exciting projects designed by the instructors and the students, be prepared to love coming to school.
- Your future career in electronics can keep you close to home or can take you to top-secret government research facilities across the world.
- Understanding how electricity can be harnessed and controlled is at the center of the Electrical Engineering Technology program. You
will learn how to safely and effectively use electricity.
- Your ability to safely use and direct electricity will allow you to program, operate, and monitor advanced automated robotics systems
in any plant or production facility.
- While you may not have any experience in this field, don’t worry. The program has experienced instructors who teach by example.