Resident Benefits and Salary
Idaho State University offers excellent employee benefits and a salary is given to residents while in training.
Residents' salaries for the 2018-2019 academic year are:
• R1 year - $54,392.00
• R2 year - $56,555.20
• R3 year - $59,633.60
• Medical and dental insurance is offered through Blue Cross of Idaho with plan options to choose from with varying premiums and deductibles.
• Basic life insurance is offered at no cost.
• For a small premium, term insurance, disability, and vision are offered.
• A Flexible Spending Account is available to help cover qualified healthcare expenses and day care expenses.
• $1,000 to help cover moving expenses
• Three full weeks of vacation
• For a minimal cost, the university has the following facilities available: movie theater, bowling alley, gym, swimming pool, and craft shop.
• Countless university activities throughout the year can be attended for a small fee.
There are approved expenses that residents can use their CME money to cover. Examples of expenses include:
• USMLE or Comlex step 3 exam
• USMLE/Comlex transcript
• Idaho State Board of Medicine license application
• Idaho State Board of Medicine license pro-rated fee
• DEA license
• Controlled Substance license
Patients can contact us:
Open 7 days a week - 8:00am to 8:00pm
21 Winn Drive
Rexburg, ID 83440
Open Monday through Friday - 8:00am - 5:00pm