Application Process, Eligibility, and Interview Dates
Our first year of residents will start residency in July, 2019. The Rexburg Rural Training Track (RTT) has received initial ACGME accreditation. This RTT will participate in the National Resident Matching Program. First-year applicants interested in applying should apply through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). One must also apply to the Idaho State University Family Medicine Residency base program in Pocatello, ID. Foreign medical school graduates must contact the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates, which will assist them in their ERAS application. The deadline for application is January 1, 2019.
- Only applications transmitted through ERAS will be accepted. Applications sent any other way will not be reviewed.
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (no Visas or EADs)
- Medical School must be licensable in the State of Idaho. Check with your medical school or the Idaho Board of Medicine to determine this information
- No more than one exam failure (USMLE and/or COMLEX)
- Must have graduated from medical school within the last three years
- Applicants must also apply to the ISU FMR base program in Pocatello, Idaho
- ERAS Requirements:
- ERAS application form
- Personal Statement
- Medical School Transcripts
- Three letters of recommendation
- Medical School Performance Evaluation
- USMLE/COMLEX steps I, II, and CSA/PE scores reported by February 15th
Pocatello interviews are all day Tuesday and Rexburg interviews are on Wednesday morning.
October 16-17, 23-24, 30-31
November 6-7, 13-14, 27-28
December 4-5, 11-12
Patients can contact us:
Open 7 days a week - 8:00am to 8:00pm
21 Winn Drive
Rexburg, ID 83440
Open Monday through Friday - 8:00am - 5:00pm