Best practices in serving Under-Represented Minority (URM) students
The STEM Diversity and Outreach Office
- can assist you in activities to engage the community in full participation of women, persons with disabilities, and underrepresented minorities in STEM
Explore the following resources, materials and organizations of particular interest and support to faculty seeking to encourage URM students to success in STEM fields.
This office also partners with the Idaho Diversity Network to support faculty mentors who work with underrepresented minority students and women in research.
Reach the Diversity & Outreach Coordinator, Sonia Martinez at firstname.lastname@example.org or (208) 282-1323.
Mentoring Native American Students
Watch this Idaho EPSCoR video on Broadening Participation of Native Americans and Alaskan Natives in STEM Fields recorded at University of Idaho during 2015 (8 minutes)
The Center for Urban Education
- Provides a toolkit that features tools that help educators and individuals reflect on how their own actions and behaviors, as well as institutional practices and resources, affect Latin and Latino students’ success.
Latinos in STEM Professions: Understanding Challenges and Opportunities for Next Steps
- A study conducted by The Center for Latino Educational Excellence (CLEE) was established as a major initiative of the Tomas Rivera Policy Institute in the spring of 2002 to help improve educational attainment and achievement in Latino communities across the United States. View study >
Excelencia in Education
- Provides data-driven analysis of the educational status of Latinos, and promotes education policies and institutional practices that support their academic achievement. Learn more >
- CITI Training
- Export Control
- STEM Diversity & Outreach
- Animals in Research
- Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR)
- Misconduct in Research & Scholarship
- Conflict of Interest (COI) in Sponsored Projects
- Human Subjects
- Office for Research
- Use of Controlled Substances in Research
- Undergraduate Research
Research Outreach & Compliance (ROC)
Contact Our Office:
Export Control Officer
1651 Alvin Ricken Drive, Room 107
Pocatello, ID 83201
921 S. 8th Ave., Stop 8046
Pocatello, ID 83209-8046