Animal Use Protocol Forms
are required to complete the IACUC
- Protocols - All PIs using animals must fill out forms and submit them to the IACUC for review and approval – prior to starting a project using animals.
- Training - Anyone working with animals must complete the related training and forms through online CITI Training courses. CITI Training instructions appear separately.
PROTOCOLS Process and Forms
March 2018 - All protocol forms have been revised. They are in MS Word, compatible back to Word 2010.
Contact IT Help at x4357 to find out which Word version you have and receive the update to Word 2010, 2013 or 2016.
1. Download the files, complete on your computer and print to sign (no "e-sign)
2. Scan and submit as pdf files to email@example.com.
If you have difficulties with these files please contact the
IACUC Committee Coordinator at (208) 282-2179 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All PIs are encouraged to discuss their protocol with the Attending Veterinarian before submitting it to the IACUC. Arrange a meeting with the Attending Veterinarian by email to email@example.com, subject "Vet Protocol Review request".
- Requires both PI and CO-PI contact information, and the PI’s signature
- Identifies the related forms needed for protocol submission
Occupational Health and Safety Acknowledgement for Work with Animals pdf (All must complete)
IACUC Occupational Health Personnel Statement pdf (All project participants must complete)
See completion instructions and find subforms at the Animal Research Occupational Health & Safety Plan (AOHSP) page
Code of Ethics for the Use of Vertebrates in Research pdf (PI must sign)
Protocol Forms by Type (pdf)
PI complete all that apply
Protocol Type form for Animal Husbandry (Housing) pdf
Protocol Type for Teaching Study (for use with Teaching Labs) pdf
Research Outreach & Compliance (ROC)
Contact Our Office:
Research Outreach & Compliance
Export Control Officer
1651 Alvin Ricken Drive, Room 107
Pocatello, ID 83201
921 S. 8th Ave., Stop 8046
Pocatello, ID 83209-8046