Animal Use Protocol Forms
are required to complete the IACUC approval process.
- Protocols - All PIs using animals must fill out forms and submit them to the IACUC for review and approval – prior to starting a project using animals.
- Training - Anyone working with animals must complete the related training and forms through online CITI Training courses. CITI Training instructions appear separately.
PROTOCOLS Process and Forms
March 2018 - All protocol forms have been revised. They are in MS Word, compatible back to Word 2010.
Contact IT Help at x4357 to find out which Word version you have and receive the update to Word 2010, 2013 or 2016.
1. Download the files, complete on your computer and print to sign (no "e-sign)
2. Scan and submit as pdf files to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have difficulties with these files please contact the
IACUC Committee Coordinator at (208) 282-2179 or email@example.com.
All PIs are encouraged to discuss their protocol with the Attending Veterinarian before submitting it to the IACUC. Arrange a meeting with the Attending Veterinarian by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject "Vet Protocol Review request".
Animal Use Protocol Transmittal
requires by PI and CO-PI contact information, PI’s signature
identifies the related forms needed for protocol submission
Occupational Health & Safety Occupational Health and Safety Acknowledgement for Work with Animals (All)
IACUC Occupational Health Personnel Statement (All project participants)
See completion instructions and find subforms at the Animal Research Occupational Health & Safety Plan (AOHSP) page
Code of Ethics for the Use of Vertebrates in Research (PI signature)
Protocol Type Forms (PI complete all that apply)
Protocol Type form for Animal Husbandry (Housing)
Protocol Type for Teaching Study (for use with Teaching Labs)
Animal Care & Use Handbook (pdf )
- CITI Training
- Export Control
- STEM Diversity & Outreach
- Animals in Research
- Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR)
- Misconduct in Research & Scholarship
- Conflict of Interest (COI) in Sponsored Projects
- Human Subjects
- Office for Research
- Use of Controlled Substances in Research
- Undergraduate Research
Research Outreach & Compliance (ROC)
Contact Our Office:
Export Control Officer
1651 Alvin Ricken Drive, Room 107
Pocatello, ID 83201
921 S. 8th Ave., Stop 8046
Pocatello, ID 83209-8046