Animal Research Occupational Health & Safety Plan
Research presents risks for people who may come into contact with either wild or vivarium-housed research animals, while performing work, research or education.
These risks range from exposure to agents used during experiments, to reactions by people to the animals in use, or due to past exposures to chemicals, materials or animals.
The Animal Research Occupational Health & Safety Plan is provided by the IACUC.
Working in accordance with the Plan is required to ensure the your safety and the stability of the lab environments associated with animal research.
The Plan set of documents begins with the Overview and continues through a set of documents to be completed.
Animal Use Occupational Health and Safety Program Plan Overview (9 key concepts)
Occupational Health and Safety Acknowledgement for Work with Animals(everyone completes)
Respirator Use in Animal Facilities see the EH&S Respiratory Protection page
Occupational Health Initiative Fact Sheets
Readings to let you know which forms you need to complete to satisfy your response to the Plan.
- Working with Animals in the Field
- Medical Monitoring & Immunization
- Precautions to take during Pregnancy, Illness or Decreased Immunocompetence
- Required Protection Measures for Persons Handling Animals – Involved with the Use of Biohazardous Materials
- Reporting Bites & Scratches, Tracking Injuries & Illness
- CITI Training
- Export Control
- STEM Diversity & Outreach
- Animals in Research
- Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR)
- Misconduct in Research & Scholarship
- Conflict of Interest (COI) in Sponsored Projects
- Human Subjects
- Office for Research
- Use of Controlled Substances in Research
- Undergraduate Research
Research Outreach & Compliance (ROC)
Contact Our Office:
Export Control Officer
1651 Alvin Ricken Drive, Room 107
Pocatello, ID 83201
921 S. 8th Ave., Stop 8046
Pocatello, ID 83209-8046