2018 Distinguished Researcher Dr. Michele Brumley
Department of Psychology, College of Arts and Letters
2017-2018 Outstanding Researcher Finalists
Sarah Godsey, assistant professor, Department of Geosciences
Joshua Swift, assistant professor, Department of Psychology
Jessica Winston, professor of English, Department of English & Philosophy; chair of History, Department of History
Yolonda Young, assistant professor, Department of Global Studies & Languages
Distinguished Researcher Award
Full-time ISU faculty are invited to nominate a member of the faculty who exemplifies excellence in research. Please consider research attributes only. Elements such as service and teaching are not to be considered for this award.
Nominees should meet the following eligibility standards:
- Any member of the university faculty currently in his or her third or subsequent year of full-time service at Idaho State University
- She or he must be continuing as a member of the University faculty for 2018 – 2019
Only one nomination ballot is needed per nominee. Nominations are due to the Office for Research on February 2019. Please download the nomination form for more information.
The ISU Research Council will select a maximum of five (5) Outstanding Researchers from the nominees. The Research Council will provide this information to the Vice President for Research for consideration.
The faculty member chosen for this award will be honored at the Distinguished Faculty Awards reception as the Distinguished Researcher and will be given an award of $3,000.
Selection Criteria for the Distinguished Researcher Award
- Significance/impact of the research, scholarship, creative activities in relation to the frontiers of knowledge in that field.
- Publication of research findings in peer reviewed national or international journals or juried/invitational show, exhibits, or performances. Include impact factors from the Hirsch index or Google Scholar if appropriate.
- Excellence in basic or applied research as evidenced by invention disclosures, provisional patent applications, perfected patents, advisory positions in industry, or mentorship of successful students.
- Evidence of extended, intentional development of the topic of research that resulted in a significant contribution.
- Any other evidence of the outstanding nature of the research activity that may be relevant.
- The review committees will consider the entire body of research conducted over a career, but the work conducted at ISU will be emphasized in the review.
The Distinguished Researcher Award is part of our ongoing efforts to encourage excellence in research at ISU and honor those who have accomplished it.
Each year, an Idaho State University faculty member is selected for the ISU Distinguished Researcher Award for faculty members who have made significant contributions in research to the University and society.
Sponsored Programs & Support
921 S. 8th Ave.
Pocatello, ID 83209
921 S. 8th Ave., Stop 8046
Pocatello, ID 83209-8046
Phone: (208) 282-2592
Fax: (208) 282-4723
Contacting Our Office:
Sponsored Programs Support
Phone: (208) 282-2592