University Records Management
- Assist departments with record inventories
- Develop file plans
- Produce record labels for departmental files
- Create hierarchical file structure for electronic files—including email and records stored at Box.com for all departments
- Records training for individuals, groups and departments on a variety of record-related subjects (paper, electronic, vital, and cloud based records)
- Coordinate the transfer of archival, historic, and permanent records to the University Archives
- Courtesy record management evaluation and written feedback for all departments
Why Records Management?
To provide guidance; oversee record related functions and processes which ensure that University records are available where and when they are needed, to whom they are needed, for only as long as they are needed in order to conduct University business; to adequately document ISU activities, and to protect the interests of the University.
If you would like to have the University Records Manager to assist your department with record-related issues, please contact him at your earliest convenience.