Chartwells Catering Purchase
- All events held on Idaho State University's Main Campus (Pocatello) and Idaho Falls campus shall be catered by Chartwells Catering. The only exception is when Chartwells Catering has granted approval for another caterer to provide services for the event.
- Requests for Catering Services shall be submitted to Chartwells Catering no later than 7 days prior to the event.
How to Request a Chartwells Purchase Order
With a few minor exceptions, Chartwells Orders are entered into Banner just like any other Requisition. Remember, Chartwells purchases must always be purchased with a Purchase Order.
Login to Banner and open FPAREQN
Enter Requestor/Delivery Information
- Tab through the Order Date and Transaction Date fields (these default to the current date).
- In the Delivery Date field enter the expected delivery date. Verify with the vendor that the delivery date is obtainable.
- Tab to Comments.
- Type in reservation # Chartwells provided.
- Next Block
- Requestor name and Organization should populate automatically. If it doesn't, contact Arian Cannon in IT.
- Tab to enter Email, Phone and Fax information (the 7-digit phone and/or fax numbers should NOT include any dashes).
- Tab to Ship To and enter your "ship to" code or click the arrow to execute a search; this delivery code is normally your site location (PCR-Pocatello, M-Meridian, TF-Twin Falls).
- Tab to Attention To field and enter who the item will be delivered to/building/room/phone extension. ie. John Doe/10/114/x1234.
- Next Block.
Enter Vendor Information
- Type the vendor ID, V00153867, in the first field by Vendor.
- Hit the tab button. This will auto populate the address information.
You may be anywhere in the Req document as long as you have passed the Ship-To field.
Information for New Vendors:
- From the Options menu, select Document Text.
- Next Block to enter the following information:
- Reservation number
- Description of what the meeting is for
- Meeting Length
- Who (what groups) will be attending
NOTE: The lines do not wrap, and only allow for 50 characters. To add additional lines press the Down Arrow key.
When you've entered everything needed in Document Text:
- Click on the Save icon (or press F10).
- To close the Document Text screen, click on the Exit icon “X” (or use the keyboard shortcut CTRL + Q).
- Next Block.
Enter Commodity/Accounting Information
- Tab to Unit of Measure (U/M) and enter measurement type of EA.
- Tab over to Qty. Chartwells Orders will always have a Qty of 1.
- Tab over to Unit Price. Enter in the reservations total price. If you have several events that you are putting on one purchase order, separate each event into individual costs.
- Continue to tab until your cursor is back in the Commodity field.
Entering Item text for Chartwells is very important. This is where you will type in all detailed information for each event. Please see example below of what a reservation from Chartwells will look like:
- Below is what banner should look like based on the above picture. Try to use the same format that Chartwell's provides. ie. every food item has its own line. If there is a total price associated with it, list it.
- Delivery Charges should always have its own commodity line however, the same commodity code should be used.
- The Clause number field is not used.
- Under the Print column, there are check boxes which can be left checked when that line of text is to appear on the printed requisition, or unchecked when that line will not appear on the printed requisition.
- If additional lines are needed, use the Down Arrow key to move the cursor to the next line and continue typing.
- When done, save the text. Then click the white “X” to return to the Commodity/Accounting form.
- Notice that the Item Text box on the Commodity/Accounting page will now have a check mark indicating additional description information.
You are now in the FOAPAL block. This block is used to assign expenses to the correct FOAPALs.
- Tab to the Index Field. The ISU Chart of Accounts (COA) code “9” and the current fiscal year will default. Do not change. Enter the appropriate Index Code. Important: You will only be able to use the Index Codes which have been assigned to you.
- When you put in an Index Code, Banner will auto populate the Fund, Orgn, Acct, and Prog.
- Continue to Tab until your cursor returns to the COA.
- If you're splitting costs, Arrow Down and repeat the process above.
- You can use the % method or dollar method when splitting funds.
Balancing/Completion of Chartwells Purchase
- Make note of the Requisition number
- Click on the green button to Complete
Administration Building, Room 114
Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. MT
Purchasing Deadlines Announcement - FY 18 Funds
Requisitions to encumber FY 2018 funds are to be received by Purchasing Services no later than March 16 if the value of the purchase is $100,000 or greater; by May 4 if the value of the purchase is between $10,000 and $100,000.
Grant funded requisitions requiring delivery of goods by the end of June must be received by Purchasing Services no later than March 16.
The last day to create Purchase Orders under $10,000 for FY2018 will be Jun 20. Items ordered for FY 2018 must be received by Jun 29, 2018.