How to Become A ReqMaster
Steps to become a ReqMaster:
- Fill out a BAAR Request Form
- Request access to create requisitions.
- Request access to BDM (Banner Document Management).
- Include all indexes needed for your department.
- If you have not taken Welcome to Banner, you will need to include that in your request.
- After you, and purchasing, receive notification from IT that your request has been approved, you will be added to the upcoming training via Google Calendar.
- Attend a two-part training typically held once a month with two weeks between part one and part two. Both trainings shall be completed within one month time.
Things to consider:
If you are only going to do requisitions 3 times a year or you're a backup ReqMaster, it is suggested to have someone who's already a ReqMaster process them. If you're not creating a requisition regularly, then remembering all the steps in the process can be difficult and if not done correctly can create problems.