Purchasing from Office Depot
Did you know?
- Office Depot is the primary office supply vendor for ISU
- Office Depot orders are delivered next-day, directly to your department
- Do not buy furniture from Office Depot
- Do not buy electronics such as printers, faxes, computers, or tablets.
How do I sign up for an OFFICE DEPOT BUSINESS Account?
In order to receive ISU's contracted pricing, the Office Depot Business website must be used. Using any other website will require the purchaser to pay full price for supplies. In order to log onto Office Depot website, you will need an account. Follow the steps below to acquire an Office Depot Business account:
- Complete and submit the Office Depot Business New Account Request Form.
- Email completed form to email@example.com
- After a representative in purchasing sets an account up, an email is generated and sent to you approximately 24 hours from submitting your request with a web link to access Office Depot Business. It will also provide you with a username.
- Your initial password will be Welcome2.
- Once you logon for the first time, Office Depot will prompt you to change your password.
- Bookmark Office Depot Business.
- Order by 5:00 p.m. local time via phone/online or by 3:00 p.m. local time via fax and Your order of $50 or more will be delivered FREE the next business day between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. local time, Monday through Friday.
- Oversized items, special orders and custom printing orders items are excluded. See below for details.
- Delivery is subject to product availability.
- Orders less than $50 and orders outside Office Depot's local delivery areas will incur delivery fees as follows:
My Shopping Lists enables you to view and purchase multiple products in one place with no searching. They're great for quickly reordering items you purchase frequently.
Who Can Use Them?
Anyone with an account can use them. You must be fully logged in with your login name and password to use your shopping lists.
To Create Your First List
- Click "My Shopping Lists" on the left navigation bar. You will come to the "My Shopping Lists Information" page.
- Click the "Create New List" button at the top of this page. This will guide you to a page to name your list.
- Enter a name and comment and click the "Create New List" button. (Note: Comments are optional and for your use only.)
- That's it - you've created your first list.
Note: You may create as many lists as you like by repeating the steps above.
To Add Products to a List
- Ensure you are logged in.
- As you search and browse for products, simply click the "Add to Shopping List" button to add that item to a list.
- You can select an existing list or create a new list.
- Select the "Add to List" button.
To Shop with a List
- Ensure you are logged in.
- Select "Shopping Lists" in the "My Account" section.
- Select the desired list.
- Enter the quantities as desired.
- Make sure the checkbox is checked next to the item(s) you want to purchase.
- Click "Add to Cart".
- You will receive confirmation that items were added to your cart (Note: If an item is out of stock, you will be given the option to back order it or choose another item).
- Click "Checkout" to finish ordering.
To View, Edit, or Delete a Previously Created List
- Go to the Shopping Lists page.
- Select the desired list.
- To edit the list name or comment, simply enter your changes and click "Update".
- To remove items from the list, click "Remove".
- If you change any quantities, you must click "Update" to save the changes.
- To delete the list, click "Delete List".
To Sort a List
- Items on Custom Shopping lists are sorted in ascending order by the value in the 'Category' field.
- When items are added to a list, this field is automatically populated with the item's default category (i.e. 'Copy & Multipurpose Paper'). However, super users have the ability to change the default category on 'Company Wide' lists and all users can change the category on their personal lists.
- Items within the same category are sorted in ascending order by item number.
- The 'Group' field can be used to change the sorting of items within the same 'Category'. For example, if three items are in the 'General use Binders' category in ascending order by item number, the Group field can be used to change the sequence of the three items by entering a '1' in the item that should appear first, a '2' for the item that should be second and a '3' for the item that should be third.
Tips, Tricks, & Shortcuts
- To avoid typing your username and password next time, check Auto login on the account setup page.
- To prevent items on your list from being added to your cart, enter zero in the quantity before clicking "Add to Cart".
- You can also uncheck the checkbox next to an item and click "Add to Cart" to prevent it from being added to the shopping cart.
- Call 888-777-4044 (a PERSON will answer…yippee!)
- Tell the CSR you need to make a return, they will ask for your sales order #, have it ready, it is an 8 or 9 digit number.
- The CSR will pull up your SO number, tell them what items you want to return.
- The CSR will give you an RMA number, make note of this number in your files.
- In a few days an Office Depot driver will arrive to put up the item/items you are returning. They will make the pick up at the same location they made the original delivery.
- The driver will bring or print the RMA tag when they arrive to pick up your item.
- OD will generate a credit against your PCard number or the PO number. This should happen in roughly 7 days.
Idaho State University
921 S. 8th Ave., Stop 8110 Pocatello, ID 83209
Administration Building, Room 114
Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. MT
Requisitions to encumber FY 2019 funds are to be received by Purchasing Services:
- No later than March 15 if value of the purchase is $250,000 or greater,
- No later than May 3 if the value of the purchase is less than $250,000.
- Grant funded requisitions requiring delivery of goods by the end of June must be received by Purchasing Services no later than March 15.
The last day to create Purchase Orders for FY2019 is June 14. Items ordered for FY 2019 must be received by Jun 28, 2019.
P-Card purchases to encumber FY 2019 funds are to be completed by the following dates:
- To place order... no later than June 14
- Orders must be received... no later than June 25
- P-Card holder must reconcile... no later than June 25
- Final P-Card approval... no later than July 8