About Purchasing at ISU
We are located in the basement of the Administration Building at Idaho State University, room 114.
Purchasing Services supports the overall mission of Idaho State University by providing a variety of goods and services responsive to the needs of our students, faculty and staff.
We are committed to provide timely and cost effective service while maintaining the guidelines set forth by ISU and the State of Idaho. Involving us early in high-dollar or complex purchases will yield the best results.
Different buyers are responsible for different purchases at the University. For a breakdown of who buys what, please view our list of assigned commodities.
Contact us with any questions.
- Supplier relationship management
- Procurement process management
- Contract review and completion
- Requests for information, proposal and quotation
- Professional negotiation with suppliers
- Development and management of strategic, university-wide contracts
- Management of the university procurement card program
- Problem resolution facilitation
- Deliver the best overall value that includes the lowest reasonable price
- Implement best practices for cost containment
- Operate within a strict code of ethics
- Ensure procurement compliance
- Maintain a diverse supplier base
- Identify and recommend environmentally-responsible purchasing practices
Delegation of Signature Authority
The Purchasing Department has been granted the authority to commit funds on behalf of the university externally. In most cases this is done in the form of a purchase order or contract which binds the university and supplier.
With few exceptions, individuals within units are not authorized to enter into contracts or commit university funds externally. Doing so is not binding to the university and may put the individual at risk of being personally liable for the transaction.
Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Federal Grant Funded Procurements:
Idaho State University has delayed the implementation of the Uniform Guidance Procurement Standards until July 1, 2018, as provided by the waiver of the procurement rules stated in Section 200.110 of the Uniform Guidance (2 CFR Part 200). In the interim, Idaho State University will follow the previous procurement standards according to OMB Circular A-110.