The Jeanne Clery Act: Reports and Information
- 2017 Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
- Updated 10/7/2016 and 9/28/2017
- Crime & Fire Logs - Pocatello/Meridian/Idaho Falls
The crime & fire log is updated on a daily basis and is posted online within two business days. It provides details about crimes & fires that have been reported to Public Safety.
Crime & fire logs are listed in chronological order with the most recent occurrences located at the top of the list for each year.
Each campus maintains a hard copy of their respective crime & fire logs. Each respective log is available at the Public Safety office on each campus during normal business hours.
- The Public Safety office in Pocatello is located at 625 E Humbolt,
- The Public Safety Idaho Falls office is located in the Bennion Student Union building at 1784 Science Center Dr.
- The Public Safety Meridian office is located at 1311 E Central Dr.
The Pocatello campus is the only campus that has on campus residential facilities and therefore, maintains a fire log. Fires that occur in on campus housing are listed in red and reflect the date, time, location, and nature of the fire.
Entries that start with a case number of "NA" involve information received from university administrators that do not work for Public Safety, but who are defined by federal law as Public Safety Authorities. These administrators share non-identifying information with Public Safety that is provided by the victim.
In these incidents, the victims did not file official police reports and it is therefore not always possible to provide information regarding the five areas typically covered in the crime & fire log (i.e. Nature/Classification, Date Reported, Date Occurred, Time, General Location, Off Campus (Y or N), Disposition). Since an official report was not filed, no disposition is listed.
These incidents are reported to Public Safety for statistical purposes and are posted to the crime & fire log when the information is received by Public Safety.
For all other incidents the disposition of the incident is listed. The disposition of the incident provides information about the current status of an incident or investigation. Visit our glossary for a complete definition of crime log dispositions.
According to Federal Law, an institution may withhold any of the required fields of entry, i.e. the nature, date, time, location, and/or disposition if any of the following conditions apply:
- The disclosure is prohibited by law
- If disclosure would jeopardize the confidentiality of the victim
- If disclosure would jeopardize an ongoing criminal investigation or the safety of an individual
- If disclosure would cause a suspect to flee or evade detection
- If disclosure would result in the destruction of evidence
Public Safety: (208) 282-2911 | Parking: (208) 282-2625
Bengal Card Services: (208) 282-3618