Doctor of Physical Therapy Program Information
The ISU DPT Program aims to:
- Educate and instruct students in foundational knowledge and skills to assume roles as competent entry-level physical therapists.
- Prepare students in diverse practice settings or with a variety of patient populations.
- Educate and train students with skills in patient education.
- Develop habits of critical reflection and self-directed learning.
- Provide and promote opportunities for professional advocacy and interprofessional collaboration.
The ISU DPT Program has been producing effective and caring physical therapists for over 25 years. Our faculty is clinically engaged and directly supervise and instruct students in the clinic with direct patient care beginning in the first year of the program. We emphasize critical reflection and evidence based practice to challenge the student to be lifelong learners to drive the future of the profession.
Our graduates are self-assured and benefit from the small class size and direct interaction with faculty. Our graduation rate over the past two years (2018 & 2019) is 95.8% and pass rate on the National Physical Therapy Licensure Exam (NPTE) over the past two years (2018 & 2019) is currently 100%. A full 100% of our licensed graduates (2018 & 2019) seeking employment found employment within 6 months.