Veterans Student Services Center Seeks Faculty and Staff for Ball Committee
The Veteran Student Services Center (VSSC) and Army ROTC are looking for a faculty or staff member who has served in the U.S. Military to fill a spot in our newly formed Southeast Idaho Military Ball planning committee. In April 2016, the VSSC hosted the Inaugural Southeast Idaho Military Ball with great success. We are looking to expand the reach of the ball within the ISU and Pocatello Community and to include a faculty or staff member on our committee who has served in the U.S. Military.
Commitment for the planning committee requires:
- Attendance at planning meetings (schedule to be determined dependent on availability of the committee members),
- Helping the committee plan, organize, and execute the 2nd Annual Southeast Idaho Military Ball,
- Commitment of one school year,
- Commitment to one or more specialized areas within the committee to be determined at the first committee board meeting,
- Areas of interest include: fundraising/sponsors, marketing/sales, catering, volunteers, set up/take down, etc.
- And other items as they may arise throughout the planning of the ball, to be determined at committee meetings.
This position is a volunteer position that will require minimal hours at the beginning and more hours as the ball draws closer. The 2nd Annual Southeast Idaho Military Ball will be held on Friday, April 28, 2017 in the ISU Ballroom in the SUB. We want to fill the Faculty/Staff Member spot on the committee by Wednesday, October 12, 2016. The first committee meeting will be scheduled depending on open schedules. The meeting will include an overview of last years ball, introductions of committee members, discussion of roles within the committee, and setting up a meeting schedule for the rest of the year.
If you have served in the U.S. Military, are a faculty or staff member of Idaho State University, and are interested in being on the Southeast Idaho Military Ball planning committee, please fill out the Interest Form.