“Relationships Should Not Be Scary” – Sen. Mike Crapo to hold Violence Against Women Act Conference at ISU on Oct. 31
October, 21, 2016
POCATELLO – U.S. Sen. Mike Crapo (R-Idaho) and community members will hold a Violence Against Women Act panel discussion and news conference on Monday, Oct. 31, in Idaho State University Rendezvous Complex Conference Suites A, B and C from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month, and this conference will discuss the commitment of leaders and community members to end domestic and dating violence.
Because this event is on Halloween, the theme is “Relationships Should Not Be Scary.”
The schedule for the conference is as follows:
- 11:30 a.m. – Opening remarks and introduction by ISU President Arthur Vailas
- 11:35 a.m. – Comments by Crapo
- 11:45 a.m. – Comments by Stacey Gibson, Director of ISU’s Office of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action and Diversity
- 11:55 a.m. – Comments by Sarah O’Banion of Family Services Alliance
- 12:05 p.m. – Comments by Audrey Jim of the Shoshone-Bannock tribes
- 12:15 p.m. – Media question-and-answer session and wrap up
For more information on this event, contact Stephanie Richardson at (208) 282-3590 or firstname.lastname@example.org.