Idaho State University Homecoming events set Sept. 22-29
September 12, 2018
POCATELLO – Idaho State University’s Homecoming 2018 will celebrate a variety of Alumni Association and Associated Students of ISU Student Activity Board events Sept. 22-29, culminating with the Homecoming Parade at 9:30 a.m. and football game at 2:35 p.m. in Holt Arena on Saturday, Sept. 29.
Floats and decorations should reflect Bengal pride and the spirit of Idaho State University, the theme is Bengal Homecoming.
Complete Alumni Association Homecoming information will be available at https://www.isu.edu/homecoming. For more information on Alumni Relations events, call (208) 282-3755, visit isu.edu/homecoming or e-mail email@example.com.
Below is a tentative listing of ISU Homecoming events sponsored by the ISU Alumni Association and the ASISU Activities Board. Some event times and dates may be subject to change.
Saturday, Sept. 22:
• 10 a.m. – Student Activities Board Window Painting, Pond Student Union Front Windows
Monday, Sept. 24:
• 7 - 9 p.m. – Student Activities Board Glow Party, Pond Student Union Ballroom.
Tuesday, Sept. 25:
• noon - 1 p.m. – The Bengal Bash will be held on the quad to get students pumped up for Homecoming. Lunch will be provided on the Hutchinson Quadrangle with free food to the first 200 students. Rain site: Pond Student Union Ballroom.
• 7 p.m. – Bingo in the Pond Student Union Ballroom. The bingo game will be projected on a screen while players sit at tables. Must be 18 or older to play. Cost of attendance is free for students, $2 for faculty and staff and $3 for the public.
Wednesday, Sept. 26:
• 6 p.m. – Student Activities Board Basement Takeover for students, Pond Student Union First Floor.
Thursday, Sept. 27:
• 3:30 p.m. – The Amazing Race for students will begin in the Office of Student Involvement and Orientation in the Pond Student Union. Teams will compete for prizes and undertake a treasure hunt across the campus in search of the Spirit Log.
• 6-7 p.m. – Volleyball Pregame BBQ by ISU Alumni Association, Reed Gymnasium.
• 7 p.m. – Homecoming Royalty Pageant will be held in the Pond Student Union Ballroom. Homecoming pageant contestants will perform for the audience for the chance to become Homecoming Royalty. Cost of attendance is free.
Friday, Sept. 28:
• 6 p.m. – Annual Alumni Basketball Games, women’s game at 6 p.m., men’s game at 7:30 p.m. in Reed Gymnasium.
• 6-9 p.m. – President’s Alumni Recognition Reception/Dinner, ISU Pond Student Union Ballroom. Scheduled events include a reception at 6 p.m., dinner at 7 p.m. and recognition of Alumni Award recipients at 8 p.m. Cost is $50 per person. Reservations are required for assigned seating. Contact (800) 933-4781, (208) 282-3755 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• 9 p.m. – Bonfire Homecoming rally in Holt Arena parking lot. A DJ will be on site to play music.
• midnight –Students will hike to the Red Hill pillars for the True Bengal event. When the student kisses a fellow Bengal at midnight, they become a True Bengal.
Saturday, Sept. 29:
• 8-9 a.m. – ISU Alumni Association Homecoming Parade Breakfast, Racine Olsen 201 East Center Street, RSVP required to email@example.com.
• 9:30 a.m. – Homecoming Parade begins at the corner of South First Avenue and Center Street. From the starting point, the parade will proceed up Center Street to South 15th Avenue/Memorial Drive, where entries will turn right and continue to the official end at South 15th Avenue/Memorial Drive and the corner of Martin Luther King, Jr. Way.
• noon – Alumni and Fan Homecoming Football Tailgate on the ICCU Practice Field at the Papenburg Sports Complex, south of Holt Arena. Come join the fun.
• 2:35 p.m. – ISU Homecoming Football Game vs. Northern Arizona at Holt Arena. Homecoming award recipients’ recognition at halftime. Advance tickets can be purchased at the Holt ticket office, by phone at (208) 282-FANS or online www.idahostatetickets.com. Questions call (208) 282-FANS.