Public Health Program
Pocatello, Idaho 83209-8109
Job Opportunities for MPH Graduates
Areas of employment include but are not limited to non-profits, government agencies, hospitals, community clinics and academia. Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) or Certified in Public Health (CPH) certification is strongly recommended (if not required) for employment in many public health career opportunities.
Potential Salary: $30,000 - $92,000
Regardless of work setting, MPH graduates perform the following three (3) core functions and ten (10) essential services:
- Monitor health status to identify community health problems
- Diagnose and investigate health problems and health hazards in the community
- Evaluate effectiveness, accessibility, and quality of personal and population-based health services
- Develop policies and plans that support individual and community health efforts
- Enforce laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety
- Research for new insights and innovative solutions to health problems
- Link people to needed personal health services and assure the provision of health care when otherwise unavailable
- Assure a competent public health and personal health care workforce
- Inform, educate, and empower people about health issues
- Mobilize community partnerships to identify and solve health problems
The following websites provide additional information about careers in the field of public health. You may also find information about opportunities in public health from the ISU Career Center.
In addition, faculty will pass along relevant employment opportunities through the Moodle Student Resources page and through the ISU MPH Program LinkedIn group for current students and alumni.