Event Cancelled--Free flu shots and basic physical exams offered at ISU/Ada County Health Screening Feb. 14
February, 5, 2019
MERIDIAN-Free flu shots while supplies last, basic physical and dental exams, and testing for blood sugar levels and cholesterol are among services offered at a free community health screening Thursday, Feb. 14, 4-7 p.m., at First Baptist Church, 607 N. 13th St., in Boise.
The screening is for adults with no insurance or limited access to preventive health care. The Idaho Foodbank will provide free boxes of food for participants.
Faculty and student clinicians administer the services which include:
- Blood pressure checks, medication reviews and disease education
- Oral/dental health evaluation and education
- On-site testing for blood sugar levels, cholesterol, HIV and hepatitis C
- Hearing and eye screenings
- Nutrition assessments and recommendations
- Health education
- Traumatic brain injury screenings
The Community Health Screening Program began in March 2010 and has screened more than 1,200 adults. Partners are ISU-Meridian, Ada County, the Idaho Foodbank and Hispanic Cultural Center of Idaho.
The full screening process takes about 90 minutes, and patients in immediate need are given appointments at low-cost or free Treasure Valley clinics for additional care. For more information, call 373-1700 or email healthyU@isu.edu.