Free flu shots and physical exams offered at ISU/Ada County Health Screening Feb.18
February, 12, 2016
If you’ve resolved to improve your health this year, but have no insurance or limited access to medical care, attend a free Community Health Screening event Thursday, Feb. 18, 4-7 p.m. at Redeemer Lutheran Church, 2920 Cassia St., in Boise.
The screening, sponsored by the Idaho State University-Meridian Health Science Center and Ada County, is for adults. The Idaho Foodbank will provide free boxes of food.
Faculty and student clinicians will administer the health services which include:
● Blood pressure checks, medication reviews and disease education
● Dental evaluations
● Depression and alcohol screenings and questionnaires
● On-site testing for blood sugar levels, cholesterol, HIV, syphilis and hepatitis C
● Hearing and eye screenings
● Nutrition assessment and recommendations
● Health education
● Traumatic brain injury screenings
The Community Health Screening Program began in March 2010 through a partnership with ISU-Meridian, Ada County, Central District Health, and the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare.
The full screening process takes about 90 minutes, and people can arrive any time between 4 and 7 p.m. to start the process. Participants in immediate need are given appointments at low-cost Treasure Valley clinics for additional care. For more information, call 373-1700 or email healthyU@isu.edu.