ISU-Meridian Commencement 2019
Monday, May 6, 2019
Contact Ali Crane
Friends and family of the graduates are cordially invited to attend a reception hosted by President Kevin and Mrs. Margaret Satterlee immediately following Commencement.
ISU students who plan on attending the Meridian ceremony, please complete the 2019 Meridian Commencement Ceremony Student Participation Form.
Cap, Gown, Hood and Tassel Information
- All graduates who attend commencement must wear the appropriate regalia.
- NEW THIS YEAR...Students need to purchase regalia at ISU-Meridian at the Regalia Roadshow. The Roadshow will be held Thursday, March 7th from 1:00pm – 6:30pm and Friday, March 8th from 8:30am – 2:00pm. Items must be purchased those days in person. Cash, checks, and credit cards are accepted.
- Prices for regalia (excluding sales tax) are:
- $64.50- Associate/Bachelor (includes cap, gown, tassel, stole of gratitude)
- $70.00-Master (includes cap, gown, tassel and hood)
- $88.00-Doctorate (includes cap, gown, tassel and hood)
- Hoods, tassels and stoles of gratitude can also be purchased separately.
- Undergraduate students wear the tassel on the right prior to graduation. Move it to the left after your name has been announced.
- Graduate students wear the tassel on the left and do not change its position.
- Graduate students should carry the hood on the left arm.
- Students keep the regalia.
- If you would like to order fine, custom made regalia, you can order that from www.jostens.com. (Typically for doctorate/terminal degrees). It takes approximately 8 weeks to make, so order early.
- Candidates should be at CenturyLink Arena on May 6 at 5 p.m. to check in and begin the processional lineup.
- Undergraduate students check in on the 3rd floor
- Graduate and professional students check in on the 2nd floor
- Lifetouch will be at the ceremony to take photographs of graduates. Photographs will be available for purchase.
- Class rings and announcements can be ordered at jostens.com.
- Those who attend commencement are presented a diploma cover as they cross the stage.
- Be sure to pay your $20 Graduation/Commencement Fee.
- A final review of requirements will be completed prior to mailing diplomas. After review has been completed and degree is posted, your diploma will be mailed. This process may take 4-7 weeks after graduation.
- All diplomas will be mailed to the address indicated on the graduation application.
- If your address changes, please contact the Office of the Registrar at (208) 282-2661 or email@example.com.
- It is the desire of the administration and the faculty of Idaho State University that the ceremony be conducted with courtesy and respect for each of the graduates.
- The behavior of all graduates is an important element in maintaining a ceremony that should be a memorable occasion.
The University extends to you our very best wishes for continued success and happiness.
All faculty are invited to attend commencement.
- Please notify the ISU-Meridian Commencement Committee at (208) 373-1706, if you plan to attend.
- Faculty should be at CenturyLink Arena no later than 5:30 p.m.
- A suite has been reserved for faculty to assemble prior to the ceremony.
- Commencement regalia is required.
- Order regalia through faculty RSVP form that will be sent through email.
- Deadline to order regalia is March 16th, without a late fee.
- Regalia must be picked up at ISU-Meridian Student Services, 1311 E. Central Drive, Meridian, Idaho, May 2-3.
- If a member of your immediate family is graduating, you may request to present the diploma cover at the ceremony.
- You are cordially invited to attend the reception immediately following commencement.
Is there a rehearsal?
No, there will not be a rehearsal. That is why we ask graduates to be at CenturyLink Arena at 5 p.m., Monday, May 6th.
How long will commencement last?
Approximately 1-2 hours.
Where can I pick up my cap and gown?
You will get your regalia at the Regalia Roadshow on March 7th and 8th.
What if I haven't ordered my cap/gown?
You must get your regalia at the Regalia Roadshow on March 7th and 8th.
What forms do I need to fill out to participate?
Students are required to complete the Application for Graduation (found on BengalWeb) and the Student Participation Form. The Student Participation form should be submitted by March 29th.
Are tickets required?
No, tickets are not required. Guests may sit anywhere that is not reserved seating.
Who do I contact if my guests need assistance with seating?
Please contact Ali Crane in advance at (208) 373-1706. You may also tell an usher on the day of commencement.
Where do I park?
There are numerous parking structures available throughout the downtown area. Four parking garages surround CenturyLink Arena. All provide hourly charged parking.
Students attending classes at ISU-Meridian may register for classes through bengalweb.isu.edu.
Fee Payment Information
Tuition and fees are due by the close of business (4:30 pm for Fall and Spring, 3:30 pm for Summer) on the Friday before classes begin. A $50 late handling fee is assessed on tuition/class fees not paid by that Friday. A second $50 late fee is assessed if fees are not paid by the tenth day of classes.
Fall/Spring 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Summer 8 am to 3:30 pm
Payment Methods Accepted In-Office:
Payment Methods Accepted Online:
Payment Plans are available in the Online Fee Payment channel in the Student Finances tab in BengalWeb
Financial Aid Disbursement
Federal financial aid must be accepted before it can be applied to outstanding fees. Financial Aid awards are released 10 days before fall/spring semester starts and 5 days before summer sessions starts.
Important: Students need to access BengalWeb to actively accept their awards and select disbursement options (replaces TranPay). In BengalWeb, on the Student Finances tab, click on the Accept Financial Aid link and follow the step-by-step directions. For questions, contact 208-282-2756.
Generally, stipends and fellowships are available on the 1st of each month. Call 208-282-2790 for a schedule of stipend release dates.
Financial Aid & Scholarships
Financial aid is available for ISU-Meridian students. For more information about financial aid including links to FAFSA go to ISU Office of Financial Aid.
There are several transfers and continuing students scholarships available to ISU students. To apply for scholarships available to all ISU students go to ISU Scholarships. Also, please check with your department for other scholarship opportunities.
Disability Services is committed to increasing access to all programs and services sponsored or funded by Idaho State University through the provision of accommodations and other disability related services. Further, we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity for all employees and students with disabilities. If you have a diagnosed disability or if you believe you have a disability that may require a reasonable accommodation, please contact Karina Mason Rorris or Soni Myers. Students and employees need to self-identify and disclose to Disability Services in order to start the interactive process (which is a dialog between a designated Disability Services staff member and the student or employee). Information and application for services are located on the Disability Services website.
ISU-MERIDIAN Health Science Center
Disability Services Coordinator & Counselor
(208) 373-1723 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Karina Mason Rorris
Director, Disability Services
(208) 282-2294 or email@example.com
Students DO have access to the Idaho State University Library system, even though we are a satellite campus. The physical space may be limited, but the online resources are extensive, and the ISU librarians are friendly & want to help!
The ISU Meridian Library shares space with the Renaissance High School Library. It is located across from the high school cafeteria, in the northwest area of the building. There are two ISU study rooms with two computers in each room. ISU Wi-Fi is also available, so feel free to bring your own devices. Hours vary from semester to semester, but the library is generally open from 7:30am – 6:00pm, M-F.
Unity Health Center, an urgent care clinic, is located at 745 S. Progress Avenue, Meridian Idaho. Unity Health Center will see ISU students as part of an agreement between Unity Health Center and ISU Student Health Services. It is our hope that this arrangement will provide a medical home for ISU Meridian students.
Appointments are preferred but not necessary, as walk-ins are always welcome. Unity Health Center provides comprehensive medical care services including colds and broken bones to ongoing medical issues like high blood pressure.
To obtain services at Unity Health Center under the ISU agreement, ISU students must present a valid ISU student Bengal Card.
Students will be billed per usual and customary practices of Unity. It is advisable to contact your insurance provider in order to verify your coverage and financial responsibility. Contact Unity Health Center for more information regarding financial assistance.
ISU-Meridian shares fitness facilities with Renaissance High School. Hours of operation are Monday – Friday 3:30pm – 6:30pm. Hours are subject to change. An ISU student ID is required to use the Fitness Center.
- You MUST have your ISU BengalCard with you while you are in the Fitness Center and there will be a Sign-In sheet on a clipboard located on the desk.
- ISU Public Safety will be walking through the Fitness Center during these times and will be locking the facility at 6:30 pm.
- Please be prepared to show your ID when asked either by ISU Public Safety or RHS/West Ada District Staff. It is not expected to wear the badges as it may be a safety hazard, but you will need to keep in the room with you.
- The door that will be open is the south facing, left side of the double door, which is the set of doors closest to the RHS stairs.
- The facility is a Fitness Center, not a weightlifting gym. The Olympic weights are gone and there is only one platform for dead lifts available. The rest of the flooring is not built for weights to be dropped on it. Bumper plates for the platform have been ordered.
- Please be respectful of the facility and use it responsibly. There are gym wipes in the facility, please wipe down the equipment after you use it.