Web Conferencing Using Zoom
Zoom is a web conferencing system (video centric) with video, audio, whiteboard, chat, application sharing, polling, breakout rooms and other tools to engage students in a synchronous (live) online environment. Our ISU Zoom license has been enabled with end-to-end encryption to facilitate HIPAA based compliance requirements.
All courses in Moodle ISU can add a Zoom session using the Add an activity or resource within your Moodle course, if you have a Zoom Pro account. Individuals with a Zoom Basic account will not be able to create the session in Moodle, however you would be able to add the link.
Getting Started with Zoom:
- Request an ISU Zoom Pro Account (Faculty Only)
- Download the Zoom Launcher
- Getting started on a Mac and PC
- Audio, Video, Sharing and Recording
- Access your ISU Zoom Account
- 24/7 Live Online Chat Support - Navigate to the Zoom Help Center and click on the Blue Help icon located on the bottom of the website for live chat support
- Accessing Zoom meeting in Moodle ISU [Student]
Creating a Zoom Session
- Creating a Zoom Session in Moodle ISU [Faculty]
- Tools and Features - Video Tutorial
- Zoom Training Resources
For more information about using Zoom contact the ITRC at (208) 282-5880.
Pocatello, ID 83209-8064
Fall/Spring Hours: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Extended Hours (Limited Support): Monday - Thursday 5 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Summer Hours: Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.