ISU-Idaho Falls Student Success Center
Tutoring in Idaho Falls
University Tutoring offers math, writing, and content area tutoring in Idaho Falls. All programs are located in the Center for Higher Education Building (CHE 220).
For more information, please call 208-282-7925 (Idaho Falls), 208-282-3662 (Pocatello) or email email@example.com.
Spring 2021 Tutoring Schedule
You don't need an appointment to meet with a math tutor. Just come to CHE 220 at one of the times listed below and check in on the computer. Then you may sit down and start working on your math problems. When you have questions, the tutor is right there to help.
Math Tutoring (WALK-IN)
Daytime tutoring is available in CHE 220
- Monday and Wednesday: 10am-1pm
- Tuesday and Thursday: 9am-1pm
Weekend and evening tutoring is available
- through video and/or chat-based tutoring from Tutor.com for students in 100- and 200-level math classes. Look for the Tutor.com link on your course's Moodle site.
The Writing Center isn't just for English classes. You can get feedback on things like anthropology papers, biology lab reports, and scholarship applications, too.
It is best to make an appointment to work with a writing tutor, although you can "walk in" during regular tutoring hours if the tutor doesn't already have another appointment.
In-person and online tutoring are available in CHE 220 during the following hours:
Monday through Thursday: 9am-1pm48-hour feedback appointments are available at the beginning of the day in both the Pocatello and Idaho Falls appointment books. If you upload your paper to one of these appointment slots, a tutor will send it back to you with comments within two working days.
Please use our online appointment book to schedule any writing tutoring. You can make a 30 minute appointment for a 1-4 page paper and a 60 minute appointment for a paper of 5 pages or more.
When you sign in choose the Idaho Falls schedule for tutoring on that campus. If none of the available times in Idaho Falls works for your schedule, feel free to schedule an online appointments via the Pocatello schedule. Use this link to download the Quick guide for scheduling an appointment.
Content Area Tutoring in Idaho Falls
Content Area Tutoring offers small-group tutoring in subjects like biology, history, and Spanish. To request a tutor, fill out the online form above. When we receive your application, we'll see if we have any tutors for that course whose schedules work with yours.
- If so, we'll send you an email with your tutor's name and contact information. The two of you will get in touch and, together with other members of your group, you'll decide on a time and a place to meet.
- If not, we'll work on recruiting one and we'll email you.
- If the class you're being tutored in is 3 credits or more, you can have up to 3 hours of tutoring per week. Some students choose to use all available hours; others are happy with one or two.
If you have been assigned a CAT tutor, use this link to begin and end your tutoring sessions: Tutoring Sessions: Check In & Out
Interested in Tutoring? Complete the Be A Tutor Application and work for University Tutoring!