ISU United Way Campaign - Goal is $65,000!
Last year we beat out goal of $65,000 and earned over $67,468.58! Because of the amazing generosity of ISU faculty and staff, this money went to support those less fortunate in the communities of Southeastern Idaho, Treasure Valley and Idaho Falls, Bonneville County! Let's try to beat the goal again!
The current economic climate, recent layoffs and ongoing needs for Southeast Idaho makes this year's campaign important to all communities in Idaho.
ISU United Way Campaign - November 1-30
Idaho State University is the single highest donor in Southeastern Idaho for organizations with no company match programs. Help us beat our goal this year by participating in one or several of our fun challenges and events! We have a variety of ways to donate and win some amazing prizes! Because of corporate sponsorships 100% of every dollar donated goes directly to area programs the United Way sponsors or you can designate eligible 501(c)3 organizations.
***Designate your donation dollars to go to any 501C3 tax-exempt entity on the donation form. If you wish to give to an ISU department, on your donation form under the Tax-Exempt Charitable Organization section, write ISU Foundation - then the specific department you wish to support. For example: ISU Foundation - ISU Meridian Scholarship Fund, ISU Veteran's Sanctuary or ISU Benny's Pantry.
Events Planned:United Way Carnival: The top earning department will earn a 1 year Reserved Parking Space to be raffled off in their respective department AND the Most Creative Booth will earn a 1 Year Campus Recreation Membership to raffle off in their respective department.
- Wednesday, November 16, 11 am - 1 pm in the Pond Student Union Ballroom
- Bring the Family!
- Free Popcorn - All games $1 (Photo area is free!)
- Submit a proposal for your department's booth by November 9 to Stacey or Laura (contact information below) Carnival Proposal Form
Carnival Games Pac-Man Video Game, Child's Play (Fish Cup!), Bean Bag Toss & Raffle, Lasso Fiasco, Prize Wheel, Spin & Win, Toilet Toss, Poverty Simulation, Ball Toss & Bake Sale, and a free both - Crazy Mirror and Clown Photo Op!ITS Bowling Tournament:
- The ITS department will be holding their annual bowling tournament November 14 - 16. Noon to 3 pm each day. Cost is $60 per team ($15 per bowler)
- Trophies for best and worst teams; bragging rights included
- Call Marjana Hulet (x2598) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Here are pictures of the 2017 ITS Bowling Tournament https://louhong.smugmug.com/
ISU Calendar Sale:
- ISU Facilities Department will once again be selling their 2017 ISU Themed Calendars. Calendars will be sold at our events or contact Kimberly at 282-3570 to order yours for the upcoming year!
ISU Scholarship Spin November 1 Donation Wheel
Dutch Bros. Coming to Campus Dutch Brother's Flyer
Freddy's Event Freddy's Flyer
Raffle November 7-11 Raffle
The ISU United Way End of Campaign Drawing will be held on Friday, December 9, from 12-1 pm in the Pond Student Union Quad Lounge. Cookies and hot chocolate will be served.
Need not be present to win! Donors from all ISU sites are entered into the challenges they qualify for.
See below for more exciting ways to give and to win!
Ways to Win
- $100 or More Club Challenge: Win one of our 2 Apple iPads or one or our 4 ISU reserved parking spaces.
- Donate $100 or more to get your name into this challenge to win an Apple iPad or a 1-year reserved parking space. This donation can be made by check, cash or payroll deduction.
- United Way Challenge: Just by giving you can win one of our many available drawing prizes!
- If you donate to the United Way, your name will be put in the drawing for one of our many prizes, Performing Arts tickets, ISU Bookstore Gift Cards, ISU Gear, and much more. Participating in our other events automatically enters the participant into this challenge.
- Payroll Deduction Challenge
- Sign up to donate at least $1 per pay period or $26 through payroll deduction and you will be entered to win a 1-year reserved parking space. If your name is drawn you will receive a reserved parking space close to your building. By donating through payroll deduct, giving is easier and less painful on your pocketbook. This challenge is so easy, you won't miss just $1 per paycheck, and your donation will impact someone less fortunate in our community. To enter simply fill out your donation form for payroll deduction or attach a check or cash and give it to your team captain
For questions or comments contact one of our committee members below:
Susan Hengel-Morris at 282-5741 or email@example.com
Robin Nelson at 282-2130 or firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE: All drawing items are taxable. If you are unable or unwilling to pay taxes on a drawing item, the prize can be declined.
- Visit Southeastern Idaho United Way for more information on our local chapter.
- What programs do the United Way fund?
- Where Your Dollars Are At Work
- What Your Contribution Provides
- To designate a specific cause or other 501(c)3 non-profit organization to receive your donation, be sure to write that in on the bottom of your donation pledge form.
- Success Stories
- Frequently Asked Questions about the United Way
- State Pledge Form
- Donate .5%, 1% or more of your gross salary and be eligible for the Governor's Incentives - more information coming soon!
- Campaign Ideas - Click link for a list of United Way Campaign Ideas
- 8 Reasons to Give - Click link for reasons someone might have to donate
- Seller Permit - Click link for those selling items at fundraising events