General Education Course Assessment Reporting
DEADLINE: Annual Assessment Reports for each Gen Ed Course are due November 1, 2017. Please file one report per course.
- Departments are asked to assess relevant Learning Outcomes according to the instruments described in their approved assessment plans, and to the cycle put forth in those plans.
- Departments are asked to retain indefinitely all instruments used in the assessment process, as the plan calls for continual detailed reviews of the process over time.
- Use of course grades as assessment indicators is not sufficient in this context.
How to File a Gen Ed Assessment Report:
Follow the Instructions below to access the General Education Assessment Reporting Form:
- Log in to BengalWeb
- Select Academics
- Click on the “General Education Assessment Reporting for use by Departments” link in the Institutional Research channel. The form will open in a new window.
- File a separate assessment report for each general education course, or for each lecture/lab combination (e.g. BIOL 1101/1101L.
- Courses in a sequence (e.g. SPAN 1101-1102) are separate courses so are assessed and reported individually.
The 5-year Objective Review Cycle begins Spring 2018
The following Objectives will be reviewed in Spring 2018:
- Objective 1: Written Communication
- Objective 2: Oral Communication
DEADLINE: Detailed reports on all courses satisfying these objectives are to be submitted to GERC by January 7, 2018.
NOTE: Objective Reviews are conducted by GERC and Objective Review Committees, and are distinct from the cumulative 5-Year Course Assessment Reports conducted by each department.
Pocatello ID 83209-8070