MS in Geology with Environmental Emphasis
Students who wish their master's degree to contain the added designation "With Emphasis in Environmental Geoscience" need to take an addition 9 credits in approved environmental graduate-level classes. Classes in related sciences and engineering disciplines may be included. Also classes taken at Boise State University and/or the University of Idaho may be included. Inter-university graduate committees are encouraged.
The "program of study" must be approved by your graduate committee, and an amended "program of study" needs to be filed with the Graduate School.
The program may include but is not limited to the following areas:
- surface and ground-water hydrology
- environmental geochemistry
- surficial geological processes
- volcanic, earthquake and other geologic hazards
- environmental geophysics
- assessment and remediation of hazardous waste sites
- Neogene and Quaternary geology.