August 21 & 22 ALSO Course
September 15 ERAS application opens
October 19 Applicant interviews begin
December 1 Deadline for ERAS applications
New Interns - Class of 2018
strong ISU FMR introduced our newest class of interns at the 2015 Graduation Ceremony. Welcome Interns! see more>>
Salary & Benefits
Excellent employee benefits and a competitive stipend offer a comprehensive package for the resident while in training.
Resident stipends for the 2017-2018 academic year are:
- $53,772.00 (R1)
- $55,929.00 (R2)
- $58,973.00 (R3)
- Health Benefits: Group life, health, dental and vision insurance coverage are available at low cost to the resident and his/her family.
- Professional Liability Insurance: Liability and disability coverage is provided for employees of Idaho State University.
- ISU Tuition: Employees and spouses may enroll in university courses for a nominal fee, and many workshops and programs are offered at no charge to employees and their families.
- Moving expenses: $1000.00
- Vacation: 3 full weeks per year
The benefit of facilities offered through Idaho State University included
- Well-equipped gymnasium with pool, weight and exercise rooms, indoor tennis and racquetball courts, wilderness equipment rental center, movie theater, and arts/crafts center.
- The campus offers inexpensive movies and a variety of arts and entertainment.
These are approved expenses that residents frequently use their CME monies to cover. This is presented as an example only.
|USMLE or NBOME Step 3 Exam||800.00|
|EBAHR / NBOME Transcript (send upon notification of passing Step 3 exam)||65.00|
|Idaho State Board of Medicine Licensure Application||550.00|
|Idaho State Board of Medicine License Pro-Rated Fee||200.00|
|Registration fee for EBAHR (Send upon notification of passing USMLE)||63.00|
|DEA License (50%) (3-year license) (Applied for when ISBM license is received)||265.00|
|Idaho State Board of Phamacy License Renewal (Due Dec. 31 of each year)||65.00|
|Smartphone, laptop, or I-pad||250.00|
|Miscellaneous books, workshops (FCCS, etc.) Fee distributed over a 3-year period.||492.00|
|The residency will pay for the following:|
|ATLS (if approved by Residency Director)|
|One-half cost of board exam, if you pass prior to graduation|
|FCCS must be paid from your CME funds|