University Business Officer
Financial Technician (Idaho Falls)
The Facilities financial team values its critical role in supporting Facilities Management and campus communities. This team includes the University Business Officer, three Financial Techs (two located in Pocatello and one in Idaho Falls) and a part-time student assistant.
We are a service-oriented team dedicated to provide administrative and financial support services. We work directly with project managers, directors and all units within the Office of Facilities to effectively track and manage a multi-funded facilities operating budget that exceeds $37 million for the Pocatello, Idaho Falls and Meridian Campuses.
We work closely with ISU Departments. Finance & Business Affairs, Purchasing, and vendors to review, complete and process financial transactions to ensure ISU’s compliance with laws, regulations, and policies. Specifically, Facilities Finance:
- Manages the in-house project cost tracking system
- Manages billable work orders
- Manages financial operations for nearly 100 buildings in three Idaho locations
- Manages financial transactions for all Department of Public Works Projects (about 20/year)
- Processes all internally generated purchase requisitions
- Maintains and monitors over 100 Facilities Cost Indexes
- Manages payment and allocation of ISU utility bills for power, gas, water, sewer, and trash
- In 2018, 10,430+ work requests were processed through our in-house cost tracking system, FM Works.
- The financial team manages over $3 Million in utility billing each year
- The finance team processed $10.75M in Division of Public Works capital project billings for 2018.
- The finance team processes over 4,000 P-Card transactions for 50+ P-Card holders.