Professor of Philosophy; Chair, Human Subjects Committee
Office: LA 247
PhD, Philosophy (1990), Syracuse University
MPH (2008), Idaho State University
MA, Philosophy (1989), Syracuse University
BA, Religion (1983), University of Manitoba
Although my philosophical roots are in epistemology, over the last decade or so my interests have moved into medical ethics. Much of my work involves collaborating with people in other disciplines. For instance:
- (2013) C. Owens, R. Baergen, D. Puckett, "Online Sources of Herbal Product Information" American Journal of Medicine. Forthcoming.
- (2013) S. Lawyer, R. Baergen, B. Kuruvilla, "Ethical Conduct of Laboratory Experimental Research on Fear and Anxiety: Review and Recommendat ions." Ethical Human Psychology and Psychiatry vol. 15, no. 3. Forthcoming.
- (2013) R Baergen, W Woodhouse "Surrogates and Extra-Familial Interests," centerpiece of a special section in The Journal of Clinical Ethics. Forthcoming.
- 6600: Ethics in Healthcare
- 4460/5560: Theories of Knowledge
- 2230: Medical Ethics
- 1103: Introduction to Ethics
- 1101: Introduction to Philosophy
921 S 8th Ave, Stop 8056
Pocatello, ID 83209-8056