Skip to main content

Professional Licensure

I S U student working in a lab


Each student enrolling in a professional program, or any program requiring professional licensure and certification, holds the responsibility to make inquiry regarding requirements for licensure in their field of study, within their state of residence. This applies to purely online, as well as blended, programs.

Students are strongly advised to address this issue at the earliest opportunity, as they will provide this information to the department in which they enroll. The university cannot confirm whether courses or programs meet the requirements for professional licensure in each state where students reside. The final determination of a program's ability to fully meet professional licensing requirements in the student's state of residence is to be made by the student in conjunction with their academic advisors and departmental staff, and state regulatory authorities of the state in which they reside.

Questions pertaining to professional licensure and certification, and field placements completed as part of a program, can be directed to academic advisors at the departmental level and/or division of enrollment here at ISU. Additional information may also be obtained from each individual state's professional licensing agency, board, or commission in the student's state of interest. The website provides links to these sources for each state, U. S. Territory and associated state, and agencies within their government. Discussion of requirements for professional licensure and certification may also be found on websites belonging to professional associations and compacts covering various occupational and educational disciplines.


921 South 8th Avenue
Pocatello, Idaho, 83209
(208) 282-4636

Discover opportunity at Idaho State University