- Idaho State University tracks its chemical inventory with an online database called CHIMERA, which stands for Chemical Inventory Management & Electronic Reporting Application, developed by the University of Nevada, Las Vegas.
- CHIMERA provides ISU with a number of advantages. Safety Data Sheets (SDS) will be stored online, and available online, increasing ease of access for persons who use chemicals.
- The online inventory system also allows faculty to easily obtain detailed information about their chemical inventory, preventing wasteful over-stocking of chemicals.
- Implementation of CHIMERA will also make chemical information more accessible to regulators and emergency personnel, which improves emergency response effectiveness and keeps ISU students, faculty and staff safe.
- Contact Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) at 282-2310 for available orientation to CHIMERA
- You can request a CHIMERA username and password using the below link. Requests will be forwarded to the EHS CHIMERA administrator
- CHIMERA Online Inventory Management Website
- CHIMERA user manual