About the College of Education
Through excellence in teaching, scholarship and service:
- We foster professionalism in all that we do.
- We prepare and support professionals who are ethical and reflective and known for the quality of their work.
- We provide recognized leadership in the support of our students, professional partners and those who employ our graduates.
- We promote a culture of caring, respect and intellectual rigor within our college and beyond.
- We foster collaborative relationships with the schools, communities and professional organizations that we serve.
- We advance our understanding of the professions we serve and the application of that understanding in practice.
Building on a tradition of excellence, we will work continuously to improve the education we offer.
- 811 Undergraduates
- 287 Graduate Students
- 30 Career Path Internships
- 120 Student Teachers
- 330 Professional Development Registrations
85% of Teachers and Administrators stay in Idaho
Future Educators Association
– 12 high school chapters established
Business Professionals of America
– 78% become teachers
Family, Career and Community Leaders of America
– 68% become teachers
Music Educators National Conference
Students of Health Education, Physical Education and Dance
Council for Exceptional Children
Kappa Delta Pi
Phi Delta Kappa
College of Education
Serving Public, Charter and Parochial schools in Regions 4, 5 and 6
Donated 20 Backpacks for Success
55 College of Education scholarships
4,000 service hours provided to the community
Concussion Center administered 3,177 baseline and post-concussion tests to regional athletes.
$2,200,000 in grants for
- CTE Teacher Preparation
- Math Education
- STEM and Robotics
- Building Capacity